Join now - be part of our community!

My Xperia Neo restarts when losing service

SOLVED
Not applicable

My Xperia Neo restarts when losing service

I have a Xperia Neo MT15i. Soon after I upgraded with the latest software it started restarting a few seconds after finished booting up. This only happens when I have a SIM-card in it. I've tried different SIM-cards with from different carriers and I get the same issue and the cards work fine in other smartphones. SD card or not makes no difference.

I've got the phone back twice from service and they say they are not even able to recreate the problem, so they just upgrade the software and look happy.

So today I did a repair in the PC companion, put the SIM card in, went outside, started the phone and it works for a few minutes without restarting. When I go back inside it immediately restarts.

I live in a radio shadow, so I have lousy reception at home and I keep losing service. Reception is between 0-1 signal bars inside, but if I go outside I get 2-3.

So my theory is that when the phone looses or is unable to reestablish connection to my service it decides to restart to try again.

Thoughs? Any known fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gwhispererz
Champion

Great!

Other than that, you can't do much since you have tried almost everything (reference to your first post).

Good luck!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
gwhispererz
Champion

Hi, kind of weird .... what if you set phone to Airplane mode? Restart?

Not applicable

Nope, in airplane mode it doesn't restart. When I switched airplane mode off, it starts restarting again. Similar,

if I have the SIM card locked - it wont restart until I enter the PIN code and unlock it.

There was a similar bug with the Xperia X10i, but there it was only the wifi connection that would restart

when the phone lost service - not the entire phone.

Not applicable

which firmware are you on .42 or .62?

gwhispererz
Champion

Good .... I mean no good. Winking_Face

Suggest you visit the Service Centre again and show them this test. Question is .... Do you think this will repeat in the Service Centre? But at least it did in your area!

Not applicable

I'm on 4.0.2.A.0.62. I'm pretty sure it started when I updated my phone. At least I didn't notice the behavior until after that point.

Not applicable

I bought it online, so unfortunately I have to ship the phone to their designated service center and since they havn't been able to recreate the error previously I doubt they will now. I guess they have good reception there. Slightly_smiling_Face

But I'll include my new findings and maybe that will help them find it.

gwhispererz
Champion

Great!

Other than that, you can't do much since you have tried almost everything (reference to your first post).

Good luck!