Join now - be part of our community!

My LT18i won't start! The notification lamp just keeps blinking red.

SOLVED
Not applicable

My LT18i won't start! The notification lamp just keeps blinking red.

I also removed the back cover. Those two white spots have turned red... What do I do?

It is fully charged...

When I try turning it on, it just does a single vibration, then nothing happens.

28 REPLIES 28
Not applicable

To the first question yes, to the second; Im not sure... My battery was trolling me before death...

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

that could be one of the issues, you need to charge it Dizzy_Face

Not applicable

Progress: I somehow made the phone boot a bit, then it showed a /!\ sign and the phone lying beneath

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

ok you can fix it, you have 2 options 1. keep trying with SUS or 2. flashtool, did you unlocked your bootloader?

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Xperia Arc LT15i/a & LT18i/a 2.3.4  4.0.2.A.0.62 

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/thread/29197

Not applicable

I owe you both a cookie - I got it started... the screen is a bit waterdamaged but that should go away (I forgot it in my pants, got a trip to the washing machine, therefor not working),

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

I'm glad it's working but you should make sure it's 100% dry, this is what you do

remove the back cover, batter, sim and SD cards, get a container and fill it with uncooked rice, and yes leave your phone in there for 48hrs that will dry your phone, change the rice after a day

Not applicable

Oh, ok, I will try that :smileygrin:

gwhispererz
Champion

Delicious cookie! Winking_Face Glad that your phone is back to life ....

You may follow Uli's advice on the method to dry your phone, actually that should have been done from the start.

Anyway .... good luck.