Join now - be part of our community!

Live With Walkman WT19i - Ambient Light Sensor not working

SOLVED
Dexter1
Visitor

Live With Walkman WT19i - Ambient Light Sensor not working

I purchased Live with Walkman 2 months back (in Jan12) and the Ambient light sensor is not working for me...also the screen starts flickering sometimes when I make the brightness level low (usually at 35 - 40% brightness level) to save battery life.

Also, I have installed "Battery Light Saver" application, and under Customisation option--> Under Screen Brightness section it says the sensor is not available. However, the Sony Support Documentation available on their website says there is a Ambient Light Sensor available for this Phone.

I have done factory reset, updated the firmware, repaired the new firmware but of no use....

This is my first Sony & Android phone, but never exected this kind of product from Sony...really frustrated now...will be visiting service centre tomorrow... Slightly_frowning_Face

Seems to be harware issue and I have been given a DEFECTIVE PRODUCT...Is this problem faced by only me or are there more people facing problem...

15 REPLIES 15
Nabeel
Master

welcome Slightly_smiling_Face
happy to help
but may i know what helped you ??

Dexter1
Visitor

Now I know that the problem is bcoz of the root access and not bcoz of sensor !!!

Nabeel
Master

oh yea thats true
it says ambient light sensor not found because it does not have access to core files of system Slightly_smiling_Face

Nabeel
Master

oh its free,,, its a feature of mobile :smileygrin:

so are you facing any problem my friend Slightly_smiling_Face

Nabeel
Master

oh i am sorry buddy, i thought you replied, i didn't see that a user replied in between Slightly_smiling_Face

Dexter1
Visitor

I have also replied yesterday 🙂