Join now - be part of our community!

Z5 Compact with "Adaptive Brightness" generates color distortion when unlocking

SOLVED
SebastianD
Contributor

Z5 Compact with "Adaptive Brightness" generates color distortion when unlocking

Hi,

I'm having an issue with my Z5 Compact when unlocking the screen. (Specially in dark rooms). The colors are totally "washed" for a few seconds, until adaptive brightness starts to work. 

Sometimes in a dark room (like the bedroom) there is a 50% chance or more of this to happen.

To reproduce this: You need to use "adaptive brightness" under settings. And you need to unlock your phone a few times. I'd recommend you to do this using Tapatalk (Dark theme). 

Anyway,

I'm posting this because I've received an update yesterday from 32.0.A.4.11 to 32.0.A.5.32 and the issue is still here.

Should I replace my device? Or just wait for another firmware? 

Regards,

Sebastian. 

63 REPLIES 63
RobertoDS
Contributor

Good evening

I'm so sad to tell u about a bug I'm facing to everytime I put White Theme (Predefinied on our Xperia), occurred in lock screen with adaptive display to fullbar !

It happens that sometimes, when I put my phone in standby, and then try to wake up my phone, the upper side of display that goes next to the "Hours" in "SONY CLOCK" (Vertical one) appears darker and need just some seconds to recovery it and THEN my display appears completely white and not with a salt of darker one ... It happens just with ADAPTIVE DISPLAY (Automatic Brightness) to FULL, that's the modality I'm using on every Xperia I'm having since years ...

It's clearly notable because U can see how it modifies by itself returning back to its white part.

It happens sometimes, not always, so it's not easily reproducible !

Let me know if anyone is facing this bug

adamlee2014
Contributor

Everyone with adaptive brightness enabled has this bug the only way to fix is to turn off adaptive brightness and it will be fixed in Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
RobertoDS
Contributor

I think they should move their hands rapidly to get this 6.0 because of these bugs who annoy our good experience

adamlee2014
Contributor

Every other brand is getting Marshmallow around now but as usually Sony are last again! Definitely my last Sony if they don't get their mind together, they say that they delays are due to making the software as bug free as possible but look at lollipop 5.1.1 it's full of them

SebastianD
Contributor

@92 wrote:

Every other brand is getting Marshmallow around now but as usually Sony are last again! Definitely my last Sony if they don't get their mind together, they say that they delays are due to making the software as bug free as possible but look at lollipop 5.1.1 it's full of them

I totally agree with this (I've been using many Nexus phones before and I this wait is eternal). 

Please Sony at least give us a "Concept Firmware" like you did with Z3 users!

Marshmallow was released exactly 100 days ago!

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

*looks over to my S6 edge, still on 5.1. Carries on with life.
Turkeii
Visitor

This is annoying me long time 😞
AeidenZ
Visitor

My Xperia Z5 also facing this problem.

xperiuz
Visitor

I think I have reduced this problem on my z5c by disabling x-reality so I could keep adaptive brightness on.

Can anyone confirm?

martinmrmus
Contributor

not for me... and even if, that's not solution. btw sony said they have found problem and it'll be fixed in marshmallow release.