Join now - be part of our community!

Only media files shown on PC

SOLVED
harrienak
Visitor

Only media files shown on PC

Hi all,

Just got my Z5C yesterday and trying to set it up. The only real bummer I found up to now is the Automatic Brightness not working properly (the same problem everyone apparently has and that Sony cannot fix). Quite an unpleasant surprise. Otherwise it seems to be a very nice phone!

Something else I ran into when setting up: I am trying to copy my WhatsApp database files to the Z5C but when I hook it to my PC, I cannot find the Whatsapp folder anywhere (using regular Windows Explorer in Win 7) - I only get to see media folders Alarm/Android/DCIM/DeviceConfig/Download/Movies/Music/Notifications/Pictures/Podcasts/recovery/Ringtones.

My Windows is configured to always show hidden files, so I don't think I can do anything about this from the Windows end. Anyone any suggestions? I want access to the complete phone memory please Slightly_smiling_Face

Best,

harrie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

On your computer: internal storage > whatsapp > media > whatsapp images/video/etc

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

On your computer: internal storage > whatsapp > media > whatsapp images/video/etc

harrienak
Visitor

After a reboot, it indeed was that simple :smileysmileythumbsup:

(before, the WhatsApp folder was not shown)

Thanks!

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

excellent Slightly_smiling_Face