Join now - be part of our community!

My phone wont turn on to main screen

SOLVED
steph4691
Visitor

My phone wont turn on to main screen

Hi, my phone is basically brand new. I literally bought it less than a week ago but have put soo much stuff on it so i dont know if an app has caused this problem or not but basically i just tried to turn it on (it has about 50% battery) and the red light goes on first, then it turns off and the sony logo appears, then the android logo appears, then the white background theme i have does its little few second loading dance, then it just does this all over again. the phone isnt even on charge. please help. i cant restore the phone because i've put notes on there that i dont have anywhere else and cannot lose. please please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Didrik
Enthusiast

As @nolramlb mentioned, try booting your phone with only the SIM-card inserted. You could also try this with only the SD-card inserted. If the phone doesn't reboot automatically when trying one of these alternatives it might be your SD- or SIM-card that is causing this.

Keep us updated Slightly_smiling_Face

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Didrik
Enthusiast

Hi @steph4691,

I'm sorry to hear that.

There are a few things we can try to sort this out. First of all, try booting your phone with the volume down key pressed in. This will attempt to boot the phone in safe mode, which will temporarily disable any third party applications you have installed. This way we can rule out an app being the cause of this.

I'd also suggest that you try booting your phone without an SD- or SIM-card inserted. Is there any change then?

profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

this is rather difficult if we cannot perfrom software repair using Xperia Companion, since it will completely erase the phone..

try to remove your sd card and sim

charge your device using the wallmount charger for 2-3 hours then try to reboot back

try power button + volume down

or if you could see within the flap a yellow button try to press it with a small blunt object to restart the device

tre problem you are having is called bootloop,. try to search more about that in the box above to see possible solutions

steph4691
Visitor

Ah thank you, thank you, thank you Slightly_smiling_Face

i took out the sim and SD card and pressed the volume down button when turning on and it loaded up. THANK GOODNESS.

But does this mean when i next turn on my phone with the SD card and sim in it will go funny again? what would you recommend next?

profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

i suggest you to get the important data that you need, then perform software repair using Xperia Companion

or insert the simcard first , does it work?

try to open your sd card on a pc to see that it is not corrupted

Didrik
Enthusiast

As @nolramlb mentioned, try booting your phone with only the SIM-card inserted. You could also try this with only the SD-card inserted. If the phone doesn't reboot automatically when trying one of these alternatives it might be your SD- or SIM-card that is causing this.

Keep us updated Slightly_smiling_Face

steph4691
Visitor

thanks so much to both for your help. I think it was the SD card as my phone seems fine without it and the SD card wont load on the computer so it seems that was the reason for all my problems. Really appreciate your help Slightly_smiling_Face

Didrik
Enthusiast

Happy to help Slightly_smiling_Face Glad to hear you found the cause of this.

Sorry about your SD-card.