Join now - be part of our community!

How To Turn Of Shutter Sound Of Camera After Updating To Marshmallow?

SOLVED
Sanaza
Visitor

How To Turn Of Shutter Sound Of Camera After Updating To Marshmallow?

Today I updated my Xperia Z5 to Marshmallow OS. While capturing pic I found that there is not any option to turnoff shutter sound of camera, but in previous OS version it was there. I tried other option like reducing the device hardware volume but it can't help me.
19 REPLIES 19
RobertoDS
Contributor

So I don't understand where's the problem
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

In some countries, you cannot disable the camera sound, so when you go to an event and you want to take a picture, it will always click.

alexdon
RobertoDS
Contributor

But if it is for some regulations, we've to respect rules so there's no way to mute sound shutter

In my UI CAMERA 2.0, here in Italy, I've got AUDIO option to disable or enable Sound shutter Winking_Face
Sanaza
Visitor

But Before Updating to MM it was there, it means in INDIA there are no such rules for camera sound.

Then obviuosly Sony People don't have to remove these features.

Tags (2)
RobertoDS
Contributor

Have u performed a CLEAN UPDATE ?
Sanaza
Visitor

Clean Update Means?

I just updated it after getting notification as "New Softwere Update" in handset only.

RobertoDS
Contributor

Clean Update means for an Update done through Software Repair so you can have a clean system, off by errors Slightly_smiling_Face
Rickard
Master

In Android 6.0, it's not certain that you can turn off the camera shutter sound. It depends on the SIM-card used in the phone and it's according to the Android specification. The menu option to turn off the shutter sound might become available if you remove your SIM card.

sridhar0405
Visitor

Hi,

How to do shutter turn off if sim card is inside the mobile....

Because every time we can't able to remove ..

we tried to putting flight mode also..Options not coming. Any play store app is there???

Karan17
Visitor

I am facing the same problem. Isnt there any solution to it?