Join now - be part of our community!

How To Turn Of Shutter Sound Of Camera After Updating To Marshmallow?

SOLVED
Sanaza
Visitor

How To Turn Of Shutter Sound Of Camera After Updating To Marshmallow?

Today I updated my Xperia Z5 to Marshmallow OS. While capturing pic I found that there is not any option to turnoff shutter sound of camera, but in previous OS version it was there. I tried other option like reducing the device hardware volume but it can't help me.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rickard
Master

In Android 6.0, it's not certain that you can turn off the camera shutter sound. It depends on the SIM-card used in the phone and it's according to the Android specification. The menu option to turn off the shutter sound might become available if you remove your SIM card.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Sound toggle, not showing just above storage option in manual mode?
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

did you update your phone via PCC? or did you flash it?

some regions in the world does not allow sound of camera to be disabled.

Sanaza
Visitor

I did not flush it, it only shows notification to me for updating OS.

Nabeel
Master

@Sanaza Hi

Could you confirm whether the camera sounds or not without the sim card inserted in your phone ?

When you remove the sim card, you should probably get the option under camera settings ( settings under more) to turn off the camera sound.

Also, does taking a screenshot sounds everytime ? even in silent mode ?

Sanaza
Visitor

@Nabeel Hello,

I tried your suggestion, and after removing SIM sound toggle appears in the camera app but as I inserted SIM it disappears.

Also I took some screenshots in silent mode and without silent mode and also with SIM and without SIM, every time it sounds while capturing the screenshots.

karthikv37
Visitor

For me also, there is no option to disable Shutter Sound in Camara. But after removing the sim, the sound does not occurs. After inserting SIM again it started to sound. 

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@karthikv@Sanaza It looks like this can be found on other devices with a SIM too:

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=190109

alexdon
RobertoDS
Contributor

It's simple

U have to put your profile to "Vibrate" !

In Normal I hear "click shutter" but with Vibrate, u have no sound Winking_Face
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@Robertods88 That doesn't help, in some countries it cannot be disabled because it will break some regulations.

alexdon