Join now - be part of our community!

Headset not supported

kellyh1991
Visitor

Headset not supported

I keep getting a message flash up in my phone saying the headset is not supported change headset or go to sony support page but couldnt see anything. Anyone have any idea what it could be

86 REPLIES 86
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Kholoud

I think you should read the steps on how to boot on >>> safe mode 

Biglolly
Visitor

A message from smart connect keeps popping up, even when there is no headphone connected. I already tried resetting the smart connect app and updating it again, but this does not work. Please help, It's really frustrating to get A notification every 3 sec.
Osbert
Visitor

I have the same problem too. Already tried the smart connect instruction but nothings changed.
Also, i think that affects my battery. Its drains randomly.
Tried the repair on pc companion.
Any help please?
DoodLy
Visitor

I've got a problem which was already mentioned in this forum. Yesterday I tried the way explained here with the settings and SmartConnect App. Then the popup was gone. But today it appears again every few seconds (even while I'm writing this message).. Today it didn't help to delete the SmartConnect App data and deactivate the App etc. 😞 What else can I do?!?
Ince
Visitor

I have the same problem here. Started getting the pop-ups yesterday, in increasing frequency. Looking at the earlier posts in the forum though, have no hope that a permanent solution will be provided.

Just in case, have no headphone in the jack. Tried uninstalling updates to Smart Connect and reinstalled. Cleaned the headphone jack etc etc. I also have, like many other who have posted here, an Xperia Z1 Compact.

ZuxXperiaRay
Visitor

hi,

it started happening to me also hour and a hal ago. i read whole topic and was so irritated by pop-up that i had to do something. i believe you its dumb. so i did that mumbojumbo force stop.... and plug in and out my headphones nothing helped. so i started thinking what was different last time when phone was working fine and remember that i did install only one app "cpu-z" to check some temp sensor things. sooo uninstalled it and tested phone for half an hour, pop-up didn't show again (it was popping every 10 seconds while using different apps whatsapp , camera, viber, crome etc).  i don't say that everyone with this problem did installed that also but maybe it has some conflict with other apps. Am glad if this can help someone.

TigerDuck
Visitor

Same here.
Uninstalled last app. Message didn't pop up again.
Bold_look
Visitor

I had the same problem but i found that the headphone itself wasnt working well.. The mic is corrupted.. I just got a new headphone amd now everything back to normal.
Rajeshwari
Visitor

Hi even when my phone is unolugged it says headset is not supported.i have tried clearing the data of smart connect,uninstalled it n reinstalled it again but the pop up still shows.i had done factory settings it stayed good for a while then after a day the same pop up started popping up.is it a hardware problem or a software problem??
Rajeshwari
Visitor

Mine is a sony xperia z1 compact