Join now - be part of our community!

Headset not supported

kellyh1991
Visitor

Headset not supported

I keep getting a message flash up in my phone saying the headset is not supported change headset or go to sony support page but couldnt see anything. Anyone have any idea what it could be

86 REPLIES 86
profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

Try refreshing your Smart Connect app:

- Go to Settings -> Apps -> Smart Connect -> Force stop, Unistall updates, Clear data.
- Go to your Play Store and update Smart Connect again.

kellyh1991
Visitor

I tried that but it is still coming up dont know what i could be
traveller_cz
Visitor

in my case I had to uninstall all Smart connect updates - then it worked. Funny thing - it worked perfectly with other than SONY headphones - this is very sad Slightly_frowning_Face

Christofer
Champion

@kellyh1991 Does this happen no matter what headset you use or only with a specific headset? Has this message started to appear recently?

kellyh1991
Visitor

Its started appearing in the last couple weeks and it comes up when theres nothing plugged in. It has me totally confused
Christofer
Champion

That sounds strange. Does it work if you restart your phone into safe mode?

kerollos
Visitor

i keep getting the headset not supported message even when headset is unplugged 

i tried uninstaling smart connect and reinstalling it but didn't help 

Hampus
Champion

Hi,

Could you make sure that there are no kind of dirt or similar in your audio jack? You can always try to restart the phone while you have a headset connected to see if this can help.

ricowaldo
Visitor

Hi, I have same issue, just wondering if you got the bug fixed, it's driving me crazy. Tried clearing Sony Connect data and reinstalling but no change. Still getting message.....