Join now - be part of our community!

EROFS Read Only File System MicroSD

SOLVED
Cranachan
Visitor

EROFS Read Only File System MicroSD

My SD card has been working just fine for almost a year but now when I try to move anything inside it I get this error message (can't find file storage/sdcard1/...... EROFS Read Only File System) a reboot or unmounting then Mounting the SD card fixes it for a really short period of time but then it gives the same error again. I also cannot delete anything from the SD card. I don't get any error messages when I try to delete it just doesn't delete anything. Please help me!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Cranachan

backup anything that you have on your SD card and then reformat the SD card. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Cranachan

backup anything that you have on your SD card and then reformat the SD card. 

Cranachan
Visitor

I did it and now it's working again. Thank you!
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Cranachan

excellent

Cranachan
Visitor

@uliwooly
It's doing it again. Do I repeat the process?
shawser
Visitor

Hello,  I am getting the exact same error as of last week on a micro SD card (64GB SanDisk) I have in for > 18 months. My ohone an Xperia Z2 now running Andriod 6.0.1.

Have not tried the reformat option above yet.  I did read that "because Flash NAND memory technology used in micro SD cards they only have a limited no. of read / write cycles which becomes read-only after a certain number of program-erase cycles. A program erase cycle is simply overwriting/deleting the data in a NAND cell. Most memory cards last 3-10000 cycles, after which they become read-only because it's not possible to erase information in the cells anymore,

In short, you can't fix it. Sorry. "

Does anyone know if this is true?  I hope not. 

My data OK - + I have alot of Apps stored on micro SD also.

Have ordered a new micro SD card and going to back-up and copy back over. 

How do I ensure all required data gets copied from old Micro SD to new Micro SD so that both data and apps get copied over?

Thanks

Shawser