Join now - be part of our community!

Positive feedback after Android Lollipop 5.1.1 update ; way better than buggy Android 5.0.2

Axtux
Visitor

Positive feedback after Android Lollipop 5.1.1 update ; way better than buggy Android 5.0.2

Hello,

I think when good things are done, it's worth mentioning it. I just wanted to let Sony developpers know their update 5.1.1 on Xperia Z1 is wonderful.

Actually, I was so disappointed by update 5.0.2 :

• Memory management was horrible : I could only run one app at a time (even only one tab in my browser)
  • The phone was warming up very fast
  • Batery was draining very fast- Performance was not that good

To me, Sony should have :

• Make some more test with Android 5.0.2 ; this update should not have been distributed or at least mention it as BETA update
  • Make it possible for users to get back to Android 4.4.4 ; users must have the choice, keep production phones unusable for some months (the time to roll Android 5.1.1 out) is not acceptable

Sony reacted well rolling out Android 5.1.1 which resolve all those issues and to me, is very good (and beautiful). This proves Sony care about their users and if I didn't want to hear about Sony phones before this update, I'm thinking again about it. I just hope developpers know they have made a mistake and take lessons for future.

Best regards,

Axtux

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
ezy2ezy
Contributor

i was looking forward to 5.1.1  and a stagefright solution... but EE do not seem to have bothered pushing either out.

this week my Z5 is due (i was sure the z5 would beat an EE 5.1.1 upgrade to the z1)

the question then is, if i click "unlock" my then spare z1 on the ee website will it then upgrade itself to 5.1.1

(i have to have EE firmware on my main phone as I use apps like the cash on tap etc things that require EE locked firmware)

Rickard
Master

@Axtux

I'm very glad to hear that and thanks for the feedback Slightly_smiling_Face

@ezy

I'm afraid removing the SIM lock will not have any effect in this case. It depends on the software you have in the device. So if your phone has EE software installed it will get the update when it's released for EE.

profile.country.en_GB.title
chhasde
New

I have to agree, I wanted rid of my phone after the previous update it was just awful. Slow, bad power management, I had to disable and turn off as many apps as possible.  This latest update is 100X better, battery performance, memeory management ( I have 10 tabs open in chrome and I don't get redraw returning to the home screen).

It litterally feels like a new phone, every single aspect works exept for the stupid touchscreen bug. Since Sony don't want to fix that can we get a touch sensitivity slider put into the next update so those of us with issues can try to dial down the sensitivity and see if it helps. It does seem that Sony tend to over egg the sensititicity on touch screens as both the Hudl and iPad I have at home are about 50% less sensitive and HAVE no touchscreen issues!

Harry_z1
Visitor

@axtux - yes. good to mention when the upgrade goes well and fixes issues. (yes.. there is a but coming... 🙂 )

But, the issues you mentioned, I don't know if they were 5.0.2 issues on Z1. May be just a new version install cleared it. May be 5.0.2 install could have done the same.

Agree - there should be an option to go back to previous version.. Because in 5.0.2 , they removed an functionality which was used in marketing the phone (xloud). And didnt bother telling it is being removed. So I do wish I had an option to go back to kitkat

So its really like a lottery with these devices.. if it goes well, good. if it doesn't, it all depends on what % others experience same issue. Say 1 million phones of a model are out there, 10000 people having same issue is not even 1%.