Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia X Performance Dual SIM Security Patches Updae

pedantilva
Visitor

Xperia X Performance Dual SIM Security Patches Updae

Hi,

Last year I bought a Xperia X Performance Dual SIM phone and since October I'm not receiving any security patch upgrade. Shouldn't I expect to have monthly security updates?

Regards,

pedantilva

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

If you didn't get updates there must be something wrong with the software.

Try Xperia Companion and do a software repair.

It will make your phone jump to the latest release.

• first make backups
    1. using Google backup
    2. using Xperia Backup & Restore
    3. using Xperia Transfer Mobile
    4. using Xperia Companion
  • then do the software repair using Xperia Companion
ccy787
Visitor

The reason is not the problems of your phone. The reason is Sony Mobile forget your phone and also my phone.

Sony has not updated Xperia X Performance Dual Hong Kong version anymore since last October.

If you really want to update your phone, you can choose to flash Thailand version or Taiwan version ROM. You can ask the expert here for the detail instructions. But the warranty will be void.

pedantilva
Visitor

I bought my phone in UK, how do I know where it came from?

profile.country.PT.title
NunoSEN2
Hero

Hi @pedantilva;

You can try check your firmware costumization version under Service Menu>Software Info (dial *#*#7378423#*#*).

pedantilva
Visitor

The customization version shown is 1303-0764_R2Dsoftware_version.png

profile.country.PT.title
NunoSEN2
Hero

@pedantilva;

Your phone firmware is costumized for Hong-Kong and last build available is 41.2.A.7.76.

pedantilva
Visitor

I bought it in UK, so I don't understand why it's from HongKong. Nevertheless does it mean Sony will not provide any further security updates? How should I complain to get this resolved?

profile.country.PT.title
NunoSEN2
Hero

@pedantilva;

You bought it in UK but the seller may have imported it from Hong Kong, have you bought it in an official Sony Store?

You just have to wait that Sony releases your costumization firmware (Hong-Kong version) next update. Some countries are released sooner than others.

f8132
Visitor

My F8132 is HK version as well... where do I find the Oreo ROM for Taiwan?