Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia X loudspeaker goes to internal speaker automatically during calls

R8_THIS
Visitor

Xperia X loudspeaker goes to internal speaker automatically during calls

Hi,

Whilst in a call using phones loudspeaker, it automatically switches to the internal speaker. Using standard phone call application I can simply just push the speaker button again. However when using viber, Skype, whatsapp, facebook messenger, I cant so have to hang up and recall which is frustrating. 

5 REPLIES 5
Jonas
Master

Hi @R8_THIS, sorry to hear about this. Slightly_frowning_Face

Is this something that you have started to experience very recently, for example after updating your device or installing a new application?

I would recommend that you start with rebooting your device in safe mode so we can make sure that no downloaded application is the cause of this behaviour. I understand that you won't be able to use Skype, Viber and so forth in this mode, but you can use the normal phone application to make calls.

Let me know if that helps! Slightly_smiling_Face

R8_THIS
Visitor

Hi, I've tried using in safe mode and other stuff but I'm still getting the same result... Do you think it has something to do with smart call answering? As I have that on to set to automatically answer when picking up the phone and placing by ear. 

Jonas
Master

Hi again @R8_THIS, sorry for the late reply, I have been out of office due to vacation.

I haven't heard anything about that function causing such a behaviour as it should as far as I know only work when answering the call or when you want to mute the signal / reject the call.

If you have the time to turn it off and see if there is any change, that would be great. You can find the option to turn this function off if you open up the Phone application > tap the 3 dots in the top right corner > Settings > Calls > Smart call handling.

If there is no change with the setting turned off, try performing a software repair using Xperia Companion. Do note that this will delete all data stored on the internal storage of the device, so it's advised that you create a backup using Xperia Companion before you start with the repair.

Keep me posted! Slightly_smiling_Face

R8_THIS
Visitor

Hi, This is still an issue, especially whilst holding the phone during speaker call  

R8_THIS
Visitor

Hi, 

This solution hasn't worked either.