Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia X F5122, September Update

SOLVED
Shumayal
Visitor

Xperia X F5122, September Update

Xperiablog told us about September update to 34.4.A.2.118 but I am still on June update with build 34.4.A.2.85.

It seems to be an India only update. Is there any word if it's advisable to flash it to my phone since it was never offered to us? We have two of the same phones with another Xperia X F5122 belonging to my sister which also hasn't received any update after June. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Of you want to know which is the latest for you then doa Software Repair with Xperia Companion

It will bump you to the latest version for your region.

With this answer I didn't answer your question.

Anyhow you will know the answer after this experiment.

Other option

Go to support.sonymobile.com

There is this page were you can input your imei number.

This page will give you the answer if you are in the latest version for your region.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Of you want to know which is the latest for you then doa Software Repair with Xperia Companion

It will bump you to the latest version for your region.

With this answer I didn't answer your question.

Anyhow you will know the answer after this experiment.

Other option

Go to support.sonymobile.com

There is this page were you can input your imei number.

This page will give you the answer if you are in the latest version for your region.

Shumayal
Visitor

So it shows that June was the latest update. Only India got updated until September.

Thanks for that link about the IMEI.

ahrkitek10
Visitor

Hi All, 

Just wanna share this. Some users experiencece quick battery drain after September update. Mine is 11 of it, only getting 2hrs of display time compared to 4.5hrs as before.

Hope Sony can release October patch to resolve this. 

Thanks, 

Ahrkitek

Azadkhan
Visitor

My phone is not enable volte please help 

Shumayal
Visitor

That could be as the phone gets old, the battery depletes. Please replace the battery and see.

ahrkitek10
Visitor

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. But, considering  that my phone is still on warranty means this is should be functional and working like how it is exactly advertised.

Secondly, will a battery life depleted completely just after an update? Is that even possible? I had it 4.5hrs of display time just before the update. 

SONY do something. I love this phone, works perfectly well just before the recent updates. 

Regards, 

Ahrkitek

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Did you inspect the apps you installed lately or the apps running in the background?

Did you restart your device?

These are all things that can be helpful to prolongue battery life.

Azadkhan
Visitor

I am all ready September update but volte not enable Screenshot_20181029-235555.png

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

@@Azadkhan

In this case I would suggest you to RTFM

Take your time, read

If you have more questions, just ask.