Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia X dual sim - charging very slowly

Saikat1
Visitor

Xperia X dual sim - charging very slowly

Hi All,

This is one peculiar problem which I started abruptly with charging.

Suddenly the charging speed has dropped to around ~400 ma which would translate to a charging time of around 7 - 8 hours for a full charge.

Issues:

1. Charging very slowly (~400 ma per hour) -> 7 -8 hours for a full charge

2. Phone is not detected over pc/laptop (although it gets charged)

3. The charging notification LED which earlier used to lit up as soon as the charging pin was inserted, now comes up with a 10 second delay

Troubleshooting steps conducted:

- Used different wall chargers and cables

- Switched to safe mode (to make sure no app is responsible for this)

- reset the phone (software repair not possible as it is not getting detected at all via the usb)

Any pointers appreciated! Slightly_smiling_Face

7 REPLIES 7
SHANE1
Visitor

Try Cleaning the charging port of your phone. 

Andy_g2
Visitor

Have you checked your battery health in the Service menu?

I have no idea if it would but I am presuming if the device suddenly thought/detected there was an issue with the battery the charging might slow down.

I second the ensuring the port is clean and also is there much play in the charging port I know mine is not in the best condition i.e a lot of play? The Xperia X usb connector does seem to be a little flimsy possible the connection internally is damaged?

Tags (1)
ISyed
Visitor

I too had a similar problem. Now its fine, all u need is to change ur usb cable. If not it might affect ur phone's usb input connector. Go for exclusively Sony usb cable, they are amazing and might only cost u $5.

Saikat1
Visitor

Hey thanks! However the issue still persists Slightly_frowning_Face

Saikat1
Visitor

Hi thanks, there certainly is some play, the charger is getting detected by the phone, however it is not able to charge with its full potential. My hunch would be that any  one of the data lines inside the micro usb might have gotten worn out or something like that. 

Saikat1
Visitor

Yes I did, but didnt work 😶

h0m39url15
Visitor

Hi there. When I purchased my xperia x new it took what seemed like a lifetime to charge fully. 5 hours at least. I upgraded my charger to a quick charge 2.0 charger & it takes around 1 hour 30 minutes now. I'm going to try a quick charge 3.0 charger soon. Xperia x is compatible with both. They are a bit on the expensive side, anywhere between $20-$50NZD could easily be more. Good luck.