Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia X Compact disconnecting from Bluetooth during call

Petr4
Visitor

Xperia X Compact disconnecting from Bluetooth during call

I have Sony radio in my car (Ford Mondeo 2008) which I’m using for quite long time and I never had a problem with any of my previous phones to use it as a Bluetooth hands-free. After I changed my phone to Sony Xperia X Compact, I was able to pair my new phone with the car without any problem but when I’m using this hands-free then, after some time, Bluetooth connection dissapeares and is reconnected automatically approximately after 2 minutes. I suspect that it can be some problem with Bluetooth protocol version but as this car audio is something integrated I don’t have any idea how to fix this issue. Maybe there is some special setting on the phone which will solve this issue? Does someone has some idea?

6 REPLIES 6
YoGem
Leader

@Petr4 I used to be in your same situation and the issue is not exactly a matter of protocol but the wifi/bluetooth stack crashing.

Try the following ones:

1) Ride your car with your X Compact WiFi OFF - You will notice that bluetooth will disconnect less/it won't disconnect.

2) Reboot your phone in safe mode and check if the issue persist or not.

Now, if n.2 is your solution or the issue is less acentuated, try to do a software repair using Xperia Companion - but beware that the issue will persist and the only solution to fix the issue while driving is the one proposed in n.1. (Keep your wifi off when you don't need it).

It's not a Sony/Xperia fault but something wrong in the bluetooth/wifi stack into the android core.

Petr4
Visitor

Hi YoGem,

thank you very much for yout tips, unfortunately none of them solved my issue. I was looking also on Ford owners forum and it seems to be related with one special type of BT module in the car itself. The advise from there is to upgrade FW in the BT module, but in my case it can be done only in official Ford service, as my model doesn't have accessible USB port to do it :-(.

Petr

YoGem
Leader

@Petr4 I am sorry the issue is related to your Ford entertainment center but hopefully you will be able to fix it soon.

Anyway this thread is going to be useful for other fellow Xperia's users with similar issues! 

Jacyr
Visitor

I have the same problem, but Bluetooth never comes back on its own. I have to manually turn it on again.

It only disconnects while in a call, and I tried different Bluetooth earphones but the problem persisted...

How can I fix it? 

Blowerd
Visitor

Was there ever a solution to this blue tooth problem, I'm using Sony xz and by keeps disconnecting during calls with my Ford fiesta

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Swap Fiesta.:smileysmileywink:

This problem has happened before and in those days it could be mastered with a trick.

Here is how.

Tell us if it worked for you.