Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia X Compact charging issue really terrible

KhodianRobby
Visitor

Xperia X Compact charging issue really terrible

Please Sony, release something to fix X Compact charging problem. 

I can convince you that itsi definitely not my adapters, nor my cables. For many of us (X Compact users) facing the same issue. 

It's really irritating, not only it's not Quick Charge 3.0, it doesn't met normal charge with approximately 1-2 hours to go full. IT'S 5 HOURS!! 

It's not even feels like smartphone at all when it comes to charging. It's like you have a Ericsson GA628 back then. With all night charging battery. 

Please, i really like this X Compact, release something to fix it! 

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

So you changed usb cable for another, you're certain that the usb port is clean and not broken, you didn't install some apps inducing strange behaviour.

Then it's time to doa factory reset to see if the problem persists afterwards.

If so then it's time to send your phone in for repair.

Did you read problem solving and tips to get hints on hotel solve your problem as well.

I hope you will succeed in regaining a satisfactory result.

KhodianRobby
Visitor

As i mentioned before, i can guarantee it's not my cable nor my adapter. 

Means... I use it to charge other smartphones with similar type C connectors. Yet, i try other cables and adaptors too. Surely my connectors are okay, rechecked them many times. 

Reformatting many times, that's why i tell you this. It's something inside this firmware. All around the world. 

Sony has to fix this.

And, it's not only me. Many X Compact users claim they're facing the same issue.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

It is?

It may be correct what you say.

Show us where.

I suggest you to take up contact with local support in your country and ask them.

Use the support app.

You can chat, mail or phone them.

Ask them for advice.

KhodianRobby
Visitor

They don't have the exact answer. Just like your previous answer. Somewhere around 'maybe'. And as i've read before i started this thread, all over the world just as same. Those guys on every local support don't know why.

I just want Sony's fix on next update. Find what culprits causing this slow charging.

Trust me, it's super slow, it's not a smartphone's gadget anymore if it still no fix. It's prehistoric.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

You didn't answer the question about other users worldwide having the same issue.

I cannot find similar issues here on the forum other than cable problems or defective or clogged usb ports.

Can you give some links please?

I still have the impression it is hardware related.

An option left is to perform a reset and not restoring or installing any app.

Beware that before so your battery is at least at 80% (and yes I realise that it will take hours to charge the battery to that level)

And please show us cases of X Compact users experiencing the same problems you have.

KhodianRobby
Visitor

Just type "xperia x compact charge slow" on google. You'll know that google is now so useful. 

That many links i should paste here? 

I repeat, not hardware issues. Trust me. 

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

I did the search (your text) with Google Chrome on Google and it came up with old stuff, the latest from march 2018

Some Xperia X , Xperiaxz1

Nothing special on X Compact and for certain not lately except your phone.

Once again I suggest that you take up contact with Xperia support to get your phone repaired or at least being looked at.

I really hope for you that it will work properly soon.