Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia X - Blank screen - unable to reset via Xperia Companion on Windows 10 or on Mac

Ebie3164
Visitor

Xperia X - Blank screen - unable to reset via Xperia Companion on Windows 10 or on Mac

Hi

I've had my Xperia X for a few weeks and it worked great until tonight. It was on 60% battery when I last sent a Whatsapp message. Then it just died. No display no sounds or anything. Power+Volume Up it'll vibrate once and if I hold it for longer it'll vibrate for 3 times. I've tried to do a Software Repair but neither my Windows Laptop nor my Mac book will recognise it to proceed with the repair. If I hold the  Power+Volume Up and if it vibrates once, then I connect to either of the laptops while holding the Volume Down key, they will not recognise it. If I Power+Volume Up for longer and it vibrates 3 times, and then I connect the phone to either laptop, all I get is a red LED indicator for 3 seconds which then turns green. But no reaction from either laptop. If while plugged into either laptop, I do Power+Volume Up then the blue LED will come on. At this point both laptops will make a sound that a device is connected but neither laptops will do anything.

Both laptops have the latest OS's and are fully upto date. I have restarted the laptops and tried different USB ports still no luck. I don't mind losing my info as most of it is backed up, I know all my Google details to bypass Google Security.

Can someone please help? 

Many Thanks 

Ebie3164

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

try to remove your sd card and sim, charge the phone for awhile (1-3 hours) using the wallmount charger

Ebie3164
Visitor

Thanks for the quick reply!:smileyhappy:

I have removed the SD Card and Sim Card. I have placed on charge so hopefully it'll sort itself out. Just one more bit of info is that the LED flashes green and yellow while its charging. I don't know if that means anything.

profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

hmm, that's odd.  just continue charging, make sure to observe your device for overheating or other weird behaviors.

https://plus.google.com/106043953611000566776/posts/UcPtv2mnxjj

/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/Phone-won-t-turn-on-Xperia-Z/td-p/345273/page/2

YoGem
Leader

Yellow means that the phone is charging, green means that the battery is charged. I suspect you will need to charge it fully to see if the issue will be fixed by itself, otherwise you have a fault in the battery or charging circuitry and if that is the case you'll have to make your warranty valid and ask for a replacement or repairs.
AKI_SHAH
Visitor

backlight fuse is blown, the phone is working its just the backlight, get the fuse replaced