Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia ☓ continously failed OS updates

Zudano
Visitor

Xperia ☓ continously failed OS updates

Please am getting frustrated with my Xperia ☓ phone. Since i purchased this phone Sony has had upto 3 latest OS updates version but unfortunately, when ever i do update  it stops half way and restart without completing file verification and returns with the result "update failed". What should i do to get out of this confusion. Mu phone needs update due to some malfunction of current factory OS. I was advice earlier to do a factory reset, which i have done, still no change. This is unpleasant to trust a brand and get dissatisfaction and disappointed like this is not fair for its cost price. Please i need a way out. 

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

I agree, that is frustrating.

To break through this circle I advise you to use Xperia Companion and do a Software repair.

If you want to keep contents the first do a backup with Xperia Companion or just copy the files you want to preserve to your computer using the USB cable.

Dont forget reading how to use it and how to backup.

Zudano
Visitor

I have done a software repair from the device and still no change. Have also done a os update via Xperia companion it repeated the same failed update. O also tried doing a software repair using the Xperia companion, it does not respond to the software either. So what do I do now. 

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

One step beyond.

Do the software repair again, but now you need to cheat Xperia companion.

Goto the software repair again and tick the question in the lower left corner where you see something like 'device not recognised or smart watch 3"

After doing so continue the software repair.

Report back if this resolved your problem.

Zudano
Visitor

There's nothing like ticking box on my Xperia companion. It is  the latest version by the way. What i get when i initiate Xperia software repair is "initializing" almost forever without further action as long as 1 -  3hrs without response. I then have to shut down. Am really frustrated with all these experiences with Sony phone for the first time. 

Zudano
Visitor

Yes, i saw the trick box and i ticked it. But after all, its gives this error "something went wrong with the software repair, please try again later and contact sony support if error persist. 

UEVersionConnection, 

1.9.2.0/windows 7 SP1 32bit/win32/US/F5122/34.2.A.2.69" 

So what do I do from here with the above display error code. 

Roadrunny76
Enthusiast

@Zudano

Try uninstalling and reinstalling Xperia Companion (from here https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperia-companion/#gref). I once had a problem with an update through companion not kicking in for hours and after 3 reinstalls, it worked. 

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Zudano

Just to add to what @Roadrunny76 @Strampke suggested; it might be wise to disable any antivirus and make sure that you have the latest java update. 

Zudano
Visitor

I have Uninstalled companion several times and still no change. Trying to repair keeps still at initializing forever without further action. 

This is frustrating. 

But why all these problems. My former Xperia updates via OTA without problems why should an advanced phone give bigger headache? 

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

So sorry to hear this mishap.

Next effort might be to use a friends' computer and try to update with Xperia Companion.

Other check might be to find another persons' Xperia and see if that one will update.

And if all else fails you can try Flashtool.