Join now - be part of our community!

x compact stolen - and now?

SOLVED
dhan2
Visitor

x compact stolen - and now?

Hi there Slightly_smiling_Face

my x compact was stolen and resetted, i guess. Is there a way to detect the phone with the EMEI?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jonas
Master

Hi @dhan2, very sorry to hear about what has happened. Slightly_frowning_Face

As @Strampke wrote, there are no ways of tracking a device if you have the IMEI number, at least we do not provide such a service, the operator may be able to do so, but I can't give you any guarantees.

If you had a Google account in the device and an active screen lock, the device will ask for the login and password for this account after it has been reset. It's an anti theft feature called Google Device Protection, so the device should be pretty useless to the one who stole it, at least for using it as a smartphone. You should also report the theft to the police and then contact your operator so the IMEI number can be blacklisted and the device can't ever be used with a SIM card again (unless it's removed from the blacklist, for example if you somehow gets it back).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

I'm afraid not.

Precautions, the word itself already says it, have to be taken in advance.

After a reset, when you did not uninstall your Google account first, your device will ask you for your Google password first before you can continue.

So maybe your device is worthless for the new 'owner', hopefully.

Jonas
Master

Hi @dhan2, very sorry to hear about what has happened. Slightly_frowning_Face

As @Strampke wrote, there are no ways of tracking a device if you have the IMEI number, at least we do not provide such a service, the operator may be able to do so, but I can't give you any guarantees.

If you had a Google account in the device and an active screen lock, the device will ask for the login and password for this account after it has been reset. It's an anti theft feature called Google Device Protection, so the device should be pretty useless to the one who stole it, at least for using it as a smartphone. You should also report the theft to the police and then contact your operator so the IMEI number can be blacklisted and the device can't ever be used with a SIM card again (unless it's removed from the blacklist, for example if you somehow gets it back).