Join now - be part of our community!

Screen issue when waking from sleep

Animeemo3
Visitor

Screen issue when waking from sleep

No drops, no water contact, no hot environment ect.

When I double tap or press the power button to wake my phone from sleep, my screen acts as if I have damaged the screen eg, multiple coloured lines, bottom half of screen black but slowly going white ect. If left, sometimes resolves itself, sometimes not. Here is the interesting part: when this happens,if I press the power button again to turn the screen off, then press the power button AGAIN, no screen issue. Issue still happens in safe mode. I have repaired phone with pc companion. Phone is 1 year old. Had a protective case on since day 1.

Side note - if I have to send it in for a repair, what do I do in the meantime? My phone is my lifeline and my only means of communication with my carer and that is extremely important as I need to be able to get hold of him immediately if and when I have a fall or an accident (happens very frequently and when it happens, its an emergency due to disabilities) I don't have a replacement and I can't go a few weeks without one.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

First off:

You really did your best to find out.

Does it happen when you press the on/of button too?

Did you perform the screen test from the support app?

Did you try to disable DTTW, restart and enable again DDTW?

In case of the need to repair I suggest to borrow an old phone from a friend.

Hopefully someone has a phone laying around unused somewhere.

Animeemo3
Visitor

Screen still has issues when dttw is disabled and restarted.

I have nobody I can borrow a phone from. I'm not from this area and being housebound, I don't really have an opportunity to make irl friends! It would be a few weeks until I can get it back, right?