Join now - be part of our community!

Spotify storige missing

Dolajo
Visitor

Spotify storige missing

Hi,

i would like to ask you for help. I have X compact with preinstalled Spotify. Problem is that Spotify doesnt see SD card. I allowed to spotify to accest to SD card in android, I delete cash of Spotify and many other options which I found on the internet but withou succes. One option is to remove app and install again but this is not possible with preinstalled app.

Can you give me any advice please.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Dolajo

Which Xperia do you have?

Android Version?

Dolajo
Visitor

Sony Xperia X Compact (F5321)

Android 8.0.0

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Dolajo

what if you delete Spotify's app data ?

Dolajo
Visitor

I had already try this, also I tried to move them manually to SC card but without success.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

You can, I guess, disable the app.

It then returns to its original state.

After that activate it again and it will go to the latest version.

One other thing is try another sd card, maybe your sd card is causing trouble.

Kwaka
Visitor

Hi, similar issue for me. After upgrade from Android 7 to 8. Many apps stops seeing my encrypted SD card (ecrypt fs overlay). I think that it is problem of programmers using some api to get info about storage. My opinion is that there is maybe some deprecated api but still favourite by programmers.  Some apk are ok with this storage like many Sony apps and some others apps, but some apps like Spotify etc not. I tried to open service ticket on Spotify, but after many e-mails with Spotify support  and trying all these instruction from first level support like reinstalling of  Spotify app,  new init of SD card, remove cache in phone and on spotify web, still nothing. Escalate to second level support still doesn`t helps.

Last message was:

Hello Frantisek,
Thanks for patiently waiting.
Since this seems to be affecting your other apps as well, it would be best if you also reach out to Google and Sony just to check whether this might be an incompatibility issue with the devices after the said Google update.
Let us know if you have questions though. We're just an email away.
All the best,
Ben
Spotify Customer Support