Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia X constant boot up loop

EVB87
Visitor

Sony Xperia X constant boot up loop

My Xperia X is stuck in a constant boot up loop. Walked upstairs in my house and there it was all hot and going through the boot up process. The phone is brand new and it's very disappointing this is happening. During the boot up process it gets stuck on the screen that says "xperia" and then the screen goes purple and it starts all over again. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
CameronT
Champion

Hi @EVB87, welcome to the community

Try these steps one after the other. Check whether the problem was solved after each step, before trying the next one.

• Force the device to shut down and restart (hard reset).
  • Remove the SIM card, and then try restarting the device. If the device restarts successfully after you remove the SIM card, your SIM card may be damaged. Replace the SIM card.
  • Remove the SD card, and then try restarting the device. If the device restarts successfully after you remove the SD card, your SD card may be damaged. Replace the SD card.
  • Restart your Xperia™ device in safe mode. In Safe mode, only software and applications that were already installed when you purchased your device are available. If the device’s performance improves in Safe mode, it’s likely that one or more of your post-purchase downloaded applications are affecting the device negatively. Proceed by uninstalling any interfering app.
  • Charge your device to at least 80%. If possible, try to backup all important data. Perform a software repair using Xperia Companion. Before performing a software repair, make sure you know your Google™ credentials. Depending on your security settings, you may need to enter them in order to start up the device after a software repair. Note! Try to back up all personal data before performing a software repair. All data in the internal memory is overwritten during a software repair. Content on an external SD card is kept.
  • Contact your retailer or a Sony Local support team. Note! Before handing the phone over for service, back up all your data to avoid possible data loss. Data on the device may get deleted when examined. Don't forget to bring proper documentation, for example, proof of purchase and warranty card. The documentation required may vary depending on market, country or region. If possible, deactivate Protection by my Xperia and remove the Google accounts on your device before sending it in for service or repair to prevent Protection by my Xperia or Google™ Device Protection from locking your device. 
zapamendoza
Visitor

Im having the same boot problem but I cannot repair it with companion, I have been already 4 hours waiting for it to initialyze

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

If your device is not recognised by Xperia Companion then tick unknown device or Smartwatch 3

Probably it will find your device then.

EVB87
Visitor

I ended up having to send the phone to a facility in Chicago. They fixed it, not sure how.