Join now - be part of our community!

Software updates not stop

SalamKayali
Visitor

Software updates not stop

Hi,

My new xperia x is not stopping software updating, ihave did it more than 5 times and still requesting software update.. plz advise.

9 REPLIES 9
nathanhorner
Visitor

Providing the version number you are on could help.

SalamKayali
Visitor

nathanhorner
Visitor

Ok. I meant build number.

The X is on 8.0 with two more security updates. I wonder if you have to go through all of them.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Make a backup first and then a software repair with Xperia companion.

I bet it'll bump you right to the latest release.

Draganster
Visitor

Hi there,

I have same problem. When I try to download new update with my phone it starts, gets to 40MB, stops and says could not verify. When I try do do that with Xpiria Companion it starts and stops with a note that I have to check my internet connection. My current build No. is 34.4.A.2.85.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Have a look at the FAQ

If the device can't be detected, in which case it mentiones that you have to check your internet connection, make sure you have ticked the box in the bottom left corner "My device cannot be detected or started, or is a Smartwatch 3" and then click on "Next".

Make sure your device is at least 80% charged.

Draganster
Visitor

I can see my device and it was 80+% charger but i cant update it. This is what it says: 

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Try again and follow point 2B

2B. If the device can't be detected or powered on, or if you it's a SmartWatch 3, make sure you have ticked the box in the bottom left corner "My device cannot be detected or started, or is a Smartwatch 3" and then click on "Next".
Draganster
Visitor

The only that worked is phone reset via Xperia Companion.