Join now - be part of our community!

Screen over responsive

kloos
Visitor

Screen over responsive

Seemingly at random my screen stops recognising long presses and repeatedly applies multiple single clicks. I can't scroll the news as it opens every story. Typing is only saved by the auto correct! Rebooting sometimes cures the problem but not always. 

Does anyone have any ideas.?

My phone lives in a case and hasn't been dropped.

Thanks.

19 REPLIES 19
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

As always, before sending in for repair

- try safe mode

- try software repair with Xperia Companion

Hope that helps.

Here's the FAQ.

roever
Visitor

"- try safe mode"

no change

"- try software repair with Xperia Companion"

I will as soon as I am back home. Thank you. Will my data still be available afterwards?

I recoreded a video to illustrate my problem See: GIF

What I am pathetically trying to write over 50s is "Test problem", notice the main problem in this case is the "backspace", which is not working at all.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

By now I am in a state of wild guessing.

Try another keyboard and/or goto settings and clear cache of your keyboard or delete dictionary.

My experience has learned me that it is very nice to find out what is going wrong but it is even nicer to find out that everything works fine after a software repair. (no guarantee given!)

roever
Visitor

unfortunately, since I also have it while unlocking using my pattern, it is not a keyboard problem.

But maybe another keyboard will make it easier to handle/stand the problem Thanks, I will try some out.

roever
Visitor

Update:

nothing changed yet. I was not able to access the PC Companion because my USB doesnt allow me to connect propperly anymore. I would need to re-setup the phone, which I dont want to do atm. I can do Mass-Transfer-Mode, though. Everything else is not working. Anyone knows why?

Thanks.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

In fact your device has become useless, isn't it.

So why wait any longer and do a reset.

roever
Visitor

since I cannot safe all the data right now and stuff like phone calls etc work, I am still coping.

Does anyone has a good idea how to make a backup without usb connection?

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Think

What exactly is so important that you want it backed up.

Addresses? Google sync has taken care.

Mail? The same.

Photos? I hope you collected them on sd card.

Unless you encrypted the sd card. That would be a pity.

Did you try a force restart into safe mode?

While starting up you push Vol-down until it vibrates.

roever
Visitor

all good points, and true, I forgot about some google sync things, but since I have not much faith in the postive result of the procedure (I dont expect it to take care of the problem) I am a little reluctant to take on all the work.

I guess I will try it if I get really fed up one day, I will keep you guys posted.

Thanks for the ideas, though!

roever
Visitor

Update:
Last week the phone finally chrashed completely. One morning I woke up and the phone was dead even though it was plugged in. No response whatsoever.

I switched to a backup phone. Yesterday I tried just for fun to see if it charges, it did. Weird. Anyhow, I started the repairprogram and the result is: nothing changed.

Thanks for all the good advices, I guess this thread can be closed, seems to be a hardware problem.