Join now - be part of our community!

Screen over responsive

kloos
Visitor

Screen over responsive

Seemingly at random my screen stops recognising long presses and repeatedly applies multiple single clicks. I can't scroll the news as it opens every story. Typing is only saved by the auto correct! Rebooting sometimes cures the problem but not always. 

Does anyone have any ideas.?

My phone lives in a case and hasn't been dropped.

Thanks.

19 REPLIES 19
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@kloos

does your phone has a protective case, film, glass?

kloos
Visitor

No protective screen. Just the flip case.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@kloos

Remove it > boot in >>> safe mode > test the touchscreen

Could you test your device?

Settings > About phone > Diagnostics > Test

Oreo

Settings > Support > Tests

kloos
Visitor

Thanks for speedy response 😁

Phone passed all tests. I will try the safe mode next time it plays up as annoyingly (!) it is working perfectly ok at the moment.  Thanks again and I will check back next time it plays up.

Martin.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

No problem, keep us updated. 

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

You don't have Glove Mode switched on by chance?

roever
Visitor

Hi,

I have the same problems. While writing it sometimes registeres one touch as two, or a swipe, and also breaks up during a long swipe, while unlooking the phone with my gesture or using the swipe keybord for example. I did the "touch screen test", but this is only a diagnostic for the responsivity of the screen, nothing more. Since it reacts at every position on the screen, of course I pass the test. What is this suppose to solve? I would really appreciate help, writing is really annoying atm. I will try to uploade a screen-recording later on.

thanks a lot.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Hi @roever

So no glove mode?

Maybe electrostatic shoes or clothing?

roever
Visitor

Thanks for the instant reply Slightly_smiling_Face

yes, no glove mode, I checked that, sorry I forgot to mention it.

I have this problem everytime in every place/state I am in, so I think electostatics can be dismissed.

Also it behaves differently when I use it horizontally, not really better, but different. That gives me hope that it is a software issue!?