Join now - be part of our community!

Restoring Xperia Companion backup to another Xperia device

DonJohns
Visitor

Restoring Xperia Companion backup to another Xperia device

I have lost my Xperia Z5 to the infamous boot loop. However, before that, I have created a backup of my contacts and call logs through Xperia Companion. Now I'm trying to restore that backup to an Xperia X Performance that I have, but the Companion doesn't show me an option to restore the backup; I guess because it's made from another phone. 

Is there a way to do that?

3 REPLIES 3
Obssy
Visitor

I would also like to know if there's a way.

My Z5 just died after washin it in the sink (even though it was supposed to be waterproof).

I have a backup but I have a Sony Xperia X Compact now, and I would like to restore my stuff...

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

What kind of backups do you have?

1. using Google backup
  2. using Xperia Backup & Restore
  3. using Xperia Transfer Mobile
  4. using Xperia Companion

Normally a Google backup will do for address book.

And even if you have not backed it up you can make it synchronise with Google on your PC.

Even more: If you have all your pictures on SD, nothing is lost.

In fact your new device will be speedy if you don't restore all the apps you had and just install the ones you really need.

I expect that you made WhatsApp backup the lot every night?

After reïnstall WhatsApp will put everything back in place.

NNemesis
Visitor

Hi there,

I`m dealing with the same issue, I backed up my Z3 Compact with PC companion and saved contact details to my pc. I have a file called "fullbackupdata" but when I connect my new XA1 PC companion does not let me restore from the saved file because it was backed up from the Z3 Compact which I no longer have. I did not use any other backup and to be honest find it very annoying from Sony not to be able to restore from a different phone. Does this mean I have to buy an old Z3 Compact just to make the data transfer from one phone to the other? 

Thank you