Join now - be part of our community!

Repeating alarms do not override do-not-disturb end time

dmitryperets
Visitor

Repeating alarms do not override do-not-disturb end time

Hi,

Nougat update brought a nice feature back - an option "Alarm can override end time" in do-not-disturb rule settings. For example, you have do-not-disturb until 10:00 via automatic rule. But then one day you set an alarm at 9:00. And so the phone ends do-not-disturb at 9:00 that day.

The problem is that it doesn't work for repeating alarms for me. I have an alarm for weekdays. And it doesn't end do-not-disturb. If I add a one-time alarm, then it works properly.

Sounds like a bug...
9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

could you try to replicate the steps ? this time while on safe mode? i will try to replicate this on my device to see if this is really indeed a bug.

dmitryperets
Visitor

@nolramlb,

Sorry for the late reply.

The issue occurs in the safe mode as well. Here are the exact replication steps:

1. Go to Settings -> Sound -> Do not disturb -> Automatic rules. Create a time rule, for example, from 16:30 to 20:00 every day. Make sure you enable the option “Alarm can override end time” (other options can remain default). Save.

2. Go to Clock. Create an alarm at 16:35. Set “Repeat” field to everyday (i.e. select all days). Save.

The expectation now is that the do-not-disturb mode will start at 16:30, but will end at 16:35, when the alarm rings.

The alarm will ring at 16:35. However, it will not end the do-not-disturb mode.

You can repeat the same test, but this time DO NOT select any days in the “Repeat” field at step 2. Then it will work as expected: the alarm will end the do-not-disturb mode.

Please let me know if you need me to test further. Thanks!
dmitryperets
Visitor

Any update on this?
Emir1
Hero

Hi @dmitryperets, sorry to hear that you are experiencing this; but I would like to forward it internally. Could you help me out with some more information?

If you could compile the following and send it to me in PM, I would really appreciate it! Slightly_smiling_Face
Phone model:
Version (Settings > About phone > Version):
Clock version (Settings > Apps > Clock): 
IMEI (Settings > About phone > Status > IMEI information):
How to recreate it (just as you did in your previous post):

In addition, could you please create a bug report after the behaviour occurs? In order to do so, start by enabling the developer mode by going to Settings > About phone, tap the version number until it says that you're a developer. Once that's done, go to Settings > Developer settings and turn them on in the top right > Enable USB Debugging and set the "Logger buffer sizes" to 4M. Now set up the alarm and Do not disturb modes in order to recreate the behaviour, and as soon as it's done (when the alarm goes off but DND isn't deactivated) go to Settings > Developer options > Take bug report > Full report > Report. Now wait a short while in order to let the bug report compile, once it's done you'll see a notification in the top left > Tap it and choose to share the report.

Include the bug report with the other information I mentioned above and send it to me in a PM here on the forum, I'll make sure to forward it internally for investigation! Slightly_smiling_Face

dmitryperets
Visitor

Thanks! Sent you PM.

Emir1
Hero

Saw your PM, thank you so much for being so helpful - I really appreciate it! Slightly_smiling_Face

Wyte
Visitor

Any update on this issue?  I'm new to Android and would love to use this feature. My issue is exactly as the OP described: I set DND to end at 9:00 AM but wish to end it early on days with recurring alarms. I can set up multiple DND rules but this feature is perfect if it can be repaired. 

surfarcher
Visitor

We are experiencing this exact issue on our Xperia XA handsets. Is there any update on a fix??

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@surfarcher

I think that you should post at the XA1 part of the forum, also, use the search bar, there might be other posts on the same topic