Join now - be part of our community!

Randomly no sound for alarm, ringtone, notifications; music works

mihaiile
Visitor

Randomly no sound for alarm, ringtone, notifications; music works

I am having problems with sound on my Sony Xperia X Compact.

From time to time (once a few weeks) all sounds except music playing (works: sony music app, vlc, spotify) do not work. No ear speaker sound, no ringtone, no notifications sound and extremely important: NO ALARM SOUND!

This is completely unnaceptable, one goes to bed setting the alarm and in the morning waiking up HOURS after the alarm was supposed to ring.

At first I thought it might be the alarm app, but the whole phone goes without sounds except the music playing apps. I am using Android 8, but this happened on 7 also.

A restart of the phone would restore this but it is completely unnacceptable having to restart the phone just to make sure the ALARM will probably* (not guaranteed) work in the morning.

Sony, you really have to look into this, the phone is not usable without a reliable alarm clock! (the sony alarm app I guess works but if the phone does not play the sounds it's useless)

I am waiting for a suggestion (phone in safe mode for a week or more to see if still happens is not an option, ask that to test department to do!)

P.S: Is there a way (service menu or something) to restart only the sound server on the phone without restarting the phone?

0 REPLIES 0