Join now - be part of our community!

Random change in settings with Oreo

Henkplus
Visitor

Random change in settings with Oreo

Since the installation of Oreo, some months ago, I experience a random change in several settings, on average once every one / two weeks. The settings that change: screen orientation to fixed postion, bluetooth switched on, sound switched off, brightness screen to lowest level. Mostly two or more occur simultaneously, sometimes all 4 at the same moment. These changes come completely out of the blue, in a period that I even don't touch the phone. Any other victims? And of course: anyone with a solution (witching off and on does not have any effect)?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Henkplus

Do you have the Xperia X or Xperia XZ Premium? 

You could boot the phone in >>> safe mode for several hours, if you don't experience the same issue, then it's a third party app.

JW, do you have stamina mode on?

Henkplus
Visitor

Thnx Uliwooly for your wsift reply. I have the Xperia X Compact. No stamina mode turned on. Your solution implies that I have to have the Safe mode switched on for one or two weeks as the problem occurs only that rare. And how do I assess which app is the cause??

pseudonym
Contributor

I have an idea: Set the preferences which are subject to change to the way your want, then  try clearing the caches of the Settings and Settings Storage apps. Restart the phone and see if it happens again.

Settings>Apps&notifications>App info> (show system from upper right menu)>(select Settings and Settings storage apps)>Storage> clear cache or even clear data if all else fails.

Henkplus
Visitor

I cleared the settings cache a couple of days ago. No irregularities (= random change in settings) seen so far. As said these occurr once every one or two weeks, so I'll see. Thnx for your suggestion.