Join now - be part of our community!

Quick Charger for Sony Xperia X

SOLVED
Girqff
Visitor

Quick Charger for Sony Xperia X

Hi,

I would like to buy a quick charger for my Xperia X (32Gb).

There are 3 models, UCH10, UCH12, UCH12W. Which one is the best for my phone?

UCH10 & UCH12 are compatible with my phone. Regarding UCH12W I am not sure, but I think it would be fine with an USB A – USB micro-B connector.

Maximum power for UCH10 & UCH12 is 15.3W, and 16.2W for UCH12W. So, even if the Xperia X is not compatible with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, is it faster to charge with UCH12W charger?

What is the technology MediaTek Pump Express Plus 2.0? It is available on UCH12 & UCH12W, but not on UCH10. Is the Xperia X compatible with this technology?

Finally, I don't know which one will charge my phone the fastest.

Thank you in advance for your help.

23 REPLIES 23
Nuttie
Visitor

Fingers crossed won't help. Winking_Face unless QC3.0 is software thing not hardware.
Jonas
Master

Hi @jkpaul,

I have not yet received any new information regarding Xperia X and quick charge 3.0, I will post it in this thread as soon as I receive it! Slightly_smiling_Face

YehIAmBetterTha
Visitor

Any update on the charger support?  This is relevant to my interests.  The charger supplied with my phone charges so slowly that it actually consumes battery under very light usage.  I've never had a phone before that won't charge from 0 to 100 in less than two hours, so after puchsing this phone recently this really has come as a huge shock.

Jonas
Master

Hi @YehIAmBetterThanU,

I'm afraid that I haven't received any new information regarding Xperia X and Quick Charge 3.0.

I sent them a reminder last week, and hopefully I will have more information as soon as possible.

I'm sorry that the answer is taking a while. Slightly_frowning_Face

Nuttie
Visitor

As i said before, Xperia X doesn't support QC3.0. I have UCH10 (QC2.0) and UCH12 (QC3.0) chargers, both charge X in the same time, UCH12 uses QC2.0 as the QC3.0 technology is backwards compatible (it can use QC2.0 if the phone supports it, and X does).

Qualcomm said that all official devices which supports QC3.0 are on their list on webside.
Beethoven9
Visitor

I bought Xperia X partly because it was advertised as being able to charge from 0-60% in 30 minutes. I've seen no evidence on charging it to support this assertion. In fact I'm sure my previous phone, the Z3 Compact, charges much faster. Disappointed.
Shumayal
Visitor

Does it make any difference in battery life if I fast charge it or just use the supplied charger? Will it decrease the number of cycles even with QNOVO?
Tags (1)
Amarok350
Visitor

Thanks. If you have tried it both way it seems to be right. Please tell me how long it takes to fully charge your xperia x with uch10? And how much in 30min?? Thanks again
Jonas
Master

Hello everyone!

I have now received some new information regarding Xperia X and Quick Charge 2.0/3.0.

@Nutties information is correct, Xperia X does not support Quick Charge 3.0, the information I had available earlier was not correct, sorry about that. It supports Quick Charge 2.0 and will use this technology when using either UCH12 or UCH10.

@Beethoven9, What charger are using with your Xperia X? According to the documents for both devices, Z3 Compact takes 2.4 hours to charge from 0% to 100%, and Xperia X takes 2.4 hours as well. Have you tried charging your phone will it's turned off and see if you notice any difference in how fast it charges?

@Shumayal, It should not decrease the amount of cycles, even when using a Quick charger compared to a "normal" charger.

@Amarok350, I have no specifications for how long it will take to charge the phone to full when using a quick charger.

According to the information in the user guide for the UCH10 charger it states the following "Using the Quick Charger, you can charge an Xperia™ smartphone for 45 minutes and get up to one day of use from the device, or you can charge an Xperia™ tablet for 30 minutes and get up to 3 hours of video playback time."

Let me know if that answers your questions!

ShEng2
Visitor

May i ask where i can purchase the charger uch12? Need it badly., thanks