Join now - be part of our community!

Quick Charger for Sony Xperia X

SOLVED
Girqff
Visitor

Quick Charger for Sony Xperia X

Hi,

I would like to buy a quick charger for my Xperia X (32Gb).

There are 3 models, UCH10, UCH12, UCH12W. Which one is the best for my phone?

UCH10 & UCH12 are compatible with my phone. Regarding UCH12W I am not sure, but I think it would be fine with an USB A – USB micro-B connector.

Maximum power for UCH10 & UCH12 is 15.3W, and 16.2W for UCH12W. So, even if the Xperia X is not compatible with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, is it faster to charge with UCH12W charger?

What is the technology MediaTek Pump Express Plus 2.0? It is available on UCH12 & UCH12W, but not on UCH10. Is the Xperia X compatible with this technology?

Finally, I don't know which one will charge my phone the fastest.

Thank you in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Girqff

UCH10

Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 standard

UCH12

Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 standard

UCH12W same as UCH12 but without the USB cable

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Girqff

UCH10

UCH12

Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 standard

UCH12W same as UCH12 but without the USB cable

Jonas
Master

Hi @Girqff, welcome to our forums!

Your Xperia X supports both Quick charge 3.0 and Quick charge 2.0.

The chargers that @uliwooly listed are the ones we have and his information is correct regarding which charger supports QC 2.0 and/or QC 3.0.

MediaTek Pump Express Plus 2.0 is not compatible with your Xperia X since you have a Qualcomm chipset in your phone.

Xperia XA and Xperia XA Ultra both have support for MediaTek Pump Express Plus 2.0 because they have MediaTek chipset and not Qualcomm chipsets.

Since you are looking for the fastest charger to charge your phone I would recommend the UCH12 charger for your device!

Keep in mind that if you are travelling a lot or need to charge your phone when you are not at home, for the quick charge to work you need to use the UCB11 cable that is included together with the charger, it won't work with a regular micro USB cable.

I hope that answers all your questions, if not please let me know! Slightly_smiling_Face

Girqff
Visitor

Thank you a lot for your help.

Besides, I have another question about charging the phone.

In order to charge faster, normally the phone should be turned off. However, do you know if Qualcomm Quick Charge & Qnovo Adaptive Charging technologies are working when the phone is turned off?

So, is it better and faster to charge the phone turned off or turned on?

Jonas
Master

Hello again!

No problem at all, I'm glad I was able to assist you! Slightly_smiling_Face

Qualcomm quick charge will work just fine when the phone is either turned on or off. It may be faster to charge it when it's turned off since no applications and services are currently running in the phone and not consuming the battery.

I have no information how much faster it will charge when turned off or when it's turned on since it all depends on what you are doing with the phone while it's charging. If you for example is playing a game at the same time you are charging the phone it may charge slower than charging it while its powered off.

Let me know if anything is unclear and have a great weekend! Slightly_smiling_Face

Nuttie
Visitor

Xperia X doesn't support Quick Charge 3.0, so buying UCH12 it will use only QC 2.0, thats why you should buy UCH10 not to overpay for the technology which you cannot use. You can check compatible devices both QC2 and QC3 on Qualcomm site.
Jonas
Master

Hi @Nuttie,

According to the information I have Xperia X supports Quick charge 3.0.

Are you referring to the list in the pdf document on the link below?

https://www.qualcomm.com/documents/quick-charge-device-list

In that document you are correct, it's only listing Xperia XZ as a quick charge 3.0 compatible device from our phone models.

I will request some more information regarding this and I will update you as soon as I have received it! Slightly_smiling_Face

Nuttie
Visitor

For sure it doesn't support, 6m ago i contacted Sony official support and Qualcomm support and both they said Xperia X supports only QC2.0, i have UCH12 charger and i was dissapointed of Sony's marketing policy becouse UCH12 charger was dedicated to Xperia X at sonymobile website, which is not. I mean UCH12 can charge in QC2.0 but in that condition you can buy UCH10 charger a lot cheeper.
Jonas
Master

Thanks for the update!

I see, I have requested some further information regarding Xperia X and if it's compatible with quick charge 3.0 and I will post it here when I receive it.

I thank you for your patience! Slightly_smiling_Face

jkpaul
Visitor

Thanks, is really like to know the answer to this too as I've just bought a Quick Charge 3.0 charger for my Xperia X mobile. Fingers crossed!