Join now - be part of our community!

please give your input about oreo update

shodaimezack
Visitor

please give your input about oreo update

hi, i want to ask your opinion on Oreo update.i used xperia x 7.0 build model 34.2.A.2.47 which an old one and it is stable. no overheating,no crash and overall a good experience. does Oreo or android 8.0 give a better result?any other problem i should know?

7 REPLIES 7
Nixxnuzz
Visitor

Since Oreo update my LTE connection is down. Everything else is good

shodaimezack
Visitor

no overheating?camera not crash?no problem except LTE??i think i want to update but i read a lot of bad thing in oreo in this forum and other.

schetz
Contributor

Well, I'm having almost the same experience with Oreo as with Nougat.

No significant, if any , bugs. Battery life on par with Nougat.

You're always going to read about problems as it's quite logical, hardly anyone will shine on the forums with : everything is fine chant.

And there is also a middle ground with : hw failures and user errors.

Of course, bugs may occur on some devices, especially after an OTA update. Most are, or should be solvable with factory reset or Xperia companion repair. Might sound cumbersome, but then again, might breathe some fresh air into your device.

shodaimezack
Visitor

well,some do said the positive thing about update. but mostly the problem(overheating,battery and things) occur. that concern me as those will hinder my daily activities. i stil reading if companion and update will help solve those problem.

thank you for the comment. i really hope when i update, i get the same result as you.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Come over and join the 8.0.0 bunch.

I hope for you and I am pretty shure you will be satisfied with the result.

8.0.0 is very stable and without issues on my device.

Besides you will be rewarded with the latest security updates.

shodaimezack
Visitor

tempting...but i still reading the effect and how to overcome some of the probem. about the batery drain, Strampke yours are ok?none of that?

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert