Join now - be part of our community!

Oreo on Xperia X

SOLVED
xeereex
Visitor

Oreo on Xperia X

I have Xperia X and i am using android Nougat. It works good and fast. I got update for Oreo. Should i upgrade to Oreo or stay with Nougat?

Some people talk about heating problems, bugs, camera etc.. so i am scared to upgrade to Oreo and don't know what to do.

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

There are always pros and cons in upgrading your device, however IMO the pros > cons.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
dany333
Visitor

U're too scared of Bugs Bunny :))

xeereex
Visitor

Should i upgrade?

dany333
Visitor

Absolutely, dont think twice about it, its a huge step forward

profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

There are always pros and cons in upgrading your device, however IMO the pros > cons.

bitolpav45
Visitor

Here are some stuff for you to try while you're at it:
- Permanently disable STAMINA notifications and other persistent ones with AutoNotification. You can remove the app when you're done with it to save your RAM. Audacity
- Force background activity limit for those pesky apps (FB, Messenger, Play Services) under Settings/Apps/App info/*that app*/Battery. Find My iPhone

- Try out Substratum for Oreo. No root required, but installing it requires another paid module. Or you can just root your phone. Origin

RoyAristotle
Visitor

...my black Xperia X is only a week old. i ran the upgrades and everything seems to be fine. there were heating issues but it's not really an issue at all. my only complaint is that the back case is way too slippery. a rubber case i bought solved it. enjoy your X Slightly_smiling_Face

NikhilSharma
Visitor

The latest Oreo build for the Xperia X is really great . I don't see much of a difference in using the phone as a daily driver .

Please note that having too many applications installed including the ones that are just lying flat on the storage does cause a performance drop in my opinion. 

To have the best experience you can -

Backup all content on the sd card and, 

Repair your phone with Xperia PC companion for a clean and bug free experience. 

It's really worth the effort. 

Tags (1)
kriskras
Visitor

hello, you were posted about xperia x latest oreo updated for discussion and it's good to me to share the bugs related to my latest updated on my Sony xperia x, since 28 august after the latest updated my phone cannot be charged while device is on. and also the battery draining not charging. and it makes me sad. i need to turn off my phone in order to get full charged. but i must wait for longer than normally charged. i hope someone can help me with this problem. thanks

Tags (2)
NikhilSharma
Visitor

See you can try out the following -

Firstly please turn off scanning in location settings. It's a big battery hog imo. If you're not using maps and other related apps just turn it off. Turn off scanning and not just gps. 

Secondly ,run your phone in safe mode after a full charge and see if it makes a difference.... 

Lastly, if the above 2 methods fail to work, just back up your data and repair your phone using PC companion. 

Hope it helps....