Join now - be part of our community!

Oreo and .asec files

Virpi
Visitor

Oreo and .asec files

After the Oreo update, my mobile connection was lost. Had to repair the system in Xperia Companion and basicly return the phone in factory settings. I did backup the phone,but not the individual applications. After everything, I realise that my very important data in Color notes application are gone! The application was in SD card and all that is left now is an .asec file (in SD card), but no application. When I insert the SD card on my computer, I can see that .asec file, but when I put the card back inside my phone, I can't see the file or the application anymore. How do I fix the situation and save my precious data? Please help!

1 REPLY 1
Hardy66
Visitor

After a factory reset you have to reinstall all your applications. Moving an app to SD card does not mean that nothing remains in the internal memory. In fact the app is still run from internal memory, only minor important parts of the app are moved (and stored in .asec files).

According to the description of ColorNote in Play Store you will find the data stored on SD card in /data/colornote - if you had told ColorNote to store your data on SD card! If the data were stored in internal memory only I'm afraid there is no chance for recovery after a factory reset.