Join now - be part of our community!

New update completely screwed up my phone

Adrianashlin
Visitor

New update completely screwed up my phone

The latest update broke crucial apps I use. I can't photograph anything because despite it'll take the photo, it won't save it, showing the message of "operation failed" on the screen. Also, the file manager is broken, despite having tons of images, videos and music, it shows nothing and when I play the music it says that there's no music despite working and listening to this same file before this update.

I'm really distraught about this whole mess, never have I ever encountered such problems in other brands. 

1 REPLY 1
schetz
Contributor

You were lucky before then. Or I was unlucky.:)

I had bugs or slowdowns with almost each brand I owned on a major update done as OTA. 

To be precise, a huge mess once with Samsung, and general slowlyness with others.

But, to get on a constructive side.

Your best bet is factory reset or clean flash via Xperia companion repair option.

Remember to backup before of course. That should iron out everything. 

You might also use this opportunity to manually restore apps, there's a high chance you'll realise you don't need a lot of them, but of course YMMV . 

Either way, best of luck. 

Edit: in case you just went through monthly patches update, and that messed up your phone, that of course should not happen. But it would be good to mention more details then, fw versions etc.