Join now - be part of our community!

New phone keeps doing new software updates

Evi1231
Visitor

New phone keeps doing new software updates

I've bought my new Sony xperia x Performance yesterday. Is it normal that the mobile Phone always does new Systeme Updates? It is the fourth one now.. And I have it since some hours.. 

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

Hello @Evi123 and welcome to the community! 

Yes, this should be normal. Xperia X performance is a 2016 phone and a lot of updates have been released for it since then. Using software update will get you those updates one by one. 

If you want to update your phone in one go, I'd suggest that you perform a software repair using Xperia Companion. This will do a clean installation of the latest firmware and will also wipe your internal memory. Don't forget to backup using Xperia Companion, but preferably without adding apps or settings to the backup.

Follow the steps given in blue links, and keep us updated.

netboysteve
Visitor

I had four updates in the last few weeks too, first to 7.0 (two) then 7.1.1 (two). I am speculating the 2nd one in both cases was a patch to apply US restrictions. Knowing what I know now, I would have left the phone at 6.0.1: I had the PHENOMENAL battery life + the fingerprint sensor. Both are gone with 7.1.1.

Lorne_
Visitor

Ya - Updates are like "bait and switch".  You buy one thing and then they change their mind.  Should be illegal IMO.

Kellyyoung28
Visitor

Hi my sony xperia xz keeps doing software updates why is this 

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Hi @Kellyyoung28

Did you read this post?

It does explain the situation, doesn't it?