Join now - be part of our community!

native equalizer not working

Tomasclaro
Visitor

native equalizer not working

hi, 

i read about a native equalizer of the xperia x compact. 

first of all > it doesn work for me. I use mainstream audio app like soundcloud in example, but when i change presets nothing happens. Do i miss anything in the settings? is this a bug? moreover no one of the other audio settings provided in the same sections is working form me (like dynamix normalizer or dsee hx..)

second one > it's quite annoying to reach the eq through the standard path: 

general setting > audio and notifications> quality/audio settings > sound effects > equalizer

is there any shortcut avalible ???

thanks !

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Contact soundcloud and request they use system sound scheme for their audio enhancements.
Tomasclaro
Visitor

??

is this a problem of the apps not supporting the standards??

is there any app you tried that works with the EQ of xperia? let me know, thanks. 

Emir1
Hero

Hi @Tomasclaro!

The native sound enhancing features such as the equalizer are available for third party apps, but the third party apps have to choose to utilize it. If the equalizer is not supported by default, then you may try getting in touch with the app developers to see if it is something that they can add as @Viridis suggested.

I have not tried too many third party apps to see their compatibility with the EQ, but I mainly use Spotify for my music and it supports the feature. 

I hope that answers your question, if not feel free to let me know! Slightly_smiling_Face

Tomasclaro
Visitor

ok, thanks. so it depends by the support of third party apps.

and, you know if there is a shortcut to reach the eq directly from the main screen of the phone? something like a widget?? 

Emir1
Hero

I am so sorry I missed that part of the question!

Well, to my knowledge there is no shortcut straight to the setting, but you may add a Sound & Notifications shortcut icon to your homescreen by pressing and holding down on an empty space on the homescreen > Widgets > Shortcuts > Settings > Sound & notifications.

I will make sure to forward your feedback internally regarding the accessibility of the feature! Slightly_smiling_Face

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

You can get an app that will shortcut system settings to your home screen. I'll find it.
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Found it.
It's called "quick shortcut maker"
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sika524.android.quickshortcut

The item you want to select is "Music FX"

Screenshot_20161202-142330.png

I've tested and will open directly into audio enhancements 

Tomasclaro
Visitor

great!! 

thank u, i'm gonna try

Tomasclaro
Visitor

hi, 

I'm trying to adjust the audio of a stamdard call through the native xperia eq. but it doesn't work for me....

is this normal?