Join now - be part of our community!

My Sony Xperia X keeps phantom clicking

NeoPage05
Visitor

My Sony Xperia X keeps phantom clicking

My phone keeps clicking all the icons by itself. Usually from the centre to the top of the screen, it will even scroll between menu's.

I have only had my phone 5 months so its a bit upsetting as I absolutley loved it.

I have tried xperia compainion and factory resetting it.

Anyone know what the issue may be?

it also started happening since the update, although I'm not too sure if this caused the issue.

Tags (2)
14 REPLIES 14
CameronT
Champion

@NeoPage05,

If the software repair doesn't resolve the issue then it is likely a physical problem. Contact your Local support team to arrange an assessment.

KYL3BENSON
Visitor

We have the same problem and its pisses me off. I hate it.
RachelS1
Visitor

Same problem.  it sits there clicking to itself and the screen looks faded.

Such an unleasant experience all around. 

(1) The worst thing as having to micromanage the memory because there was not enough for more than a few apps and all the apps insist on being the main memory not the SD drive.

(2) The NFC complaining every few minutes that that services must be switched off even though the NFC is switched off.

(3) The incompatibility with Kindle where by if you want to switch wifi on or off you have to go through the main memory.

NetzAstigrockon
Visitor

I recently downgrade from Oreo to Nougat then same thing..  still have ghost touchtproblem..

after i change my simcard thinking that it is the issue.. it works.. ghost touch gone..

My simcard has issue not my mobile device..

Hope it can help.. Slightly_smiling_Face

schetz
Contributor

Ha @NetzAstigrockon , nice finding. Hope it really solved it.

@CameronTSo, as it has already been "proven" that SD card can sometimes cause various problems, and IF SIM card change solved a few problems , even for one user, maybe those steps should be added to basic troubleshooting Slightly_smiling_Face  Good thing is those are almost painless techniques .

Along with safe mode, xperia repair, charger and cable checking etc