Join now - be part of our community!

My Sony Xperia X keeps phantom clicking

NeoPage05
Visitor

My Sony Xperia X keeps phantom clicking

My phone keeps clicking all the icons by itself. Usually from the centre to the top of the screen, it will even scroll between menu's.

I have only had my phone 5 months so its a bit upsetting as I absolutley loved it.

I have tried xperia compainion and factory resetting it.

Anyone know what the issue may be?

it also started happening since the update, although I'm not too sure if this caused the issue.

Tags (2)
14 REPLIES 14
CameronT
Champion

Hi @NeoPage05,

Welcome to the community.

Do you have a screen protector on the phone?

NeoPage05
Visitor

No, I don't have a protetor, only a case.

CameronT
Champion

@NeoPage05,

I assume it does the same thing if it's out of the case?

Check if you have glove mode enabled. You can find this under Settings > Display. It should be right at the bottom. If you do, turn it off.

NeoPage05
Visitor

Also, the phone gets worse the longer its been on, after about 30 seconds. I dont even have to touch it. Its unusable at the moment.

NeoPage05
Visitor

Yeah the glove mode is off.

CameronT
Champion

@NeoPage05

Interesting. Try it in safe mode, see if it's the same.

NeoPage05
Visitor

Its the same with or without the case

In safe mode it's still the same.

CameronT
Champion

@NeoPage05,

OK, the last thing I can suggest is you run a software repair using Xperia Companion. Make sure you back up your data first.

NeoPage05
Visitor

I have already tried that and it's still the same I'm afraid.

I think I'm going to have to accept defeat on this problem.

It's just strange as it doesn't act up straight away but it will start to as soon as I touch the screen or after a few seconds.

but it clicks on things so fast you can't use the phone and have to lock it straight away, otherwise it will be calling my contacts and going into all my apps. I'm really not sure how to repair it.