Join now - be part of our community!

Moving apps between the apps screens

SOLVED
Bashka
Visitor

Moving apps between the apps screens

Hi everyone, 

this might be a stupid question but it is driving me crazy as I cannot figure out how to move apps between the app screens on my Xperia X. I have the sorting function switched to 'my own order of the apps' and I actually have the apps sorted between screens the way I wanted it BUT since some time ago, any new app I download just appears on the last apps screen (no. 4 for example) on the last free position & when I want to move it to let's say apps screen no. 3, I touch the icon of the app and hold it till the uninstall option appears and I can move the app BUT the problem is that whatever direction I move the app to I get automatically switched to Home Screen with clock widgets etc... And basically I can move the app only there (which I don't want) but I cannot move it between the apps screens to personalize the order of the apps there Slightly_frowning_Face any advice? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

@Bashka

I think you want to long push on your home screen.

Then select settings and scroll down to Quick add icons

Select off

Now you're done.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Bashka

just wondering if you have this selected 

open the app drawer > menu > sort apps > own order

Bashka
Visitor

Well, yes I do... 😕

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

You did? Or you did after the tip and succeeded?

Anyway here is a link that shows it should work.

Bashka
Visitor

Well, in my original post I'm already saying that I have it set to my own order.. So no, that does not help 😕

And the video that you shared (appreciate that btw :)) - that is exactly how I'd expect it to work but again based on my original post, it does not work that way for me.. Because when I touch and hold the icon of the app and move it just an inch in whatever direction, it automatically switches to home screen Slightly_frowning_Face

Bashka
Visitor

Here goes my video to better present what's happening: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u2yf8kqpc1o23xb/20180728_103439.mp4?dl=0

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

@Bashka

I think you want to long push on your home screen.

Then select settings and scroll down to Quick add icons

Select off

Now you're done.

Bashka
Visitor

OMG it helped! Thanks so much! Face_blowing_a_Kiss

Btw in the settings on my phone the option to be switched off was called 'Add icons to home screen' which would add all automatically to HS when holding the app icon, but that is just fyi Slightly_smiling_Face

Thanks again!