Join now - be part of our community!

Mobile data not working after update to Oreo

Nixxnuzz
Visitor

Mobile data not working after update to Oreo

Hello there!

My Xperia X does not handle mobile data anymore since updating to Android 8.0.0.

O2 Support (Telefonica subprovider in Germany) couldn´t help. I tried several times to fix it via automatic download and installation, but also via step-by-step data input by hand. 

Both ways were not successful. Does somebody have the same issue and might have a solution?

Best regards from Germany

5 REPLIES 5
schetz
Contributor

If you've done an OTA update, best course of action would be to either factory reset the phone, or do a software repair with Xperia companion .

This presumes you entered valid APN settings in your tryouts, and of course, backed up important things.

Nixxnuzz
Visitor

I made a complete backup via companion an tried both ways to reset, but I still have the same issue. Nothing helped yet. I guess I have to wait for the next system update to get rid of this problem.

Best regards from Germany

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

You didn't forget to switch on mobile data accidentally?Screenshot_20180423-123748.png

schetz
Contributor

@Nixxnuzz what fw version are you on? 

In case you're not on customized DE , consider flashing it via flashtool.

It receives updates in the first or second batch the latest, so if you're not on it, update will come sooner. Hopefully the one that will sort the situation for you. And possibly, even flashing it might solve it.

Nixxnuzz
Visitor

I didn´t forget to activate. Same settings like before... with nugat everything worked fine