Join now - be part of our community!

Minor annoyance - wifi/data activity indicators since Oreo

alex_ncfc
Contributor

Minor annoyance - wifi/data activity indicators since Oreo

As the title says, this is just a minor issue, but yet another since installing Oreo on my X Compact.

Who decided that the activity arrows/indicators for WIFI and data should be to the left of those particular icons when data is being transmitted/received? Is this a Google thing or something Sony have implemented? It is ridiculous. I'm trying to read stuff on the screen and all I can see from my peripheral vision is the icons in the top right shifting from one side to another because of these indicators. Is there any way to turn them off completely??

14 REPLIES 14
itandy
Visitor

I've written a simple Xposed module to fix this problem. Or you can install a third party app to disable the activity arrows.

Sony Status Activity Fix

https://forum.xda-developers.com/x-compact/themes/mod-sony-status-activity-fix-t3765642

Sony Android Oreo Flavor: Accordion in Notification Bar on Network Activity

/t5/Other-Sony-Mobile-Applications/Sony-Android-Oreo-Flavor-Accordion-in-Notification-Bar-on/td-p/12...

Ozon_Aleksei
Visitor

I have a question to the moderator: Sony plans to remove the accordion from the status bar? This accordion is very tired eyes. The advice above to use can't as I have no home computer.

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@Ozon_Aleksei

Google is committed to fixing that in 8.1.

Jonas
Master

Hello everyone!

Hi @alex_ncfc, I'm afraid that I don't have any information to if this is related to Android 8 in general or if this is an Xperia customization, however I do understand exactly what you mean and I have forwarded feedback from other users regarding the moving arrows and I'll gladly forward your feedback as well, but please note that I can't make any promises!

You can take a look at links that @itandy posted, since the only way to remove this in the settings in the device will also remove the entire Wi-Fi / mobile network icons.

@Ozon_Aleksei, I have no information if this will be removed or if there will be a setting to remove the arrows, but I will make sure to forward your thoughts on this internally as user feedback.

Thank you both for the feedback regarding the arrows! Slightly_smiling_Face

Aaliya09
Visitor

@Quester

Dude, are serious? Android 8.1 has been around for like months now. 

So do you mean Sony's implementationof Android 8.1?

Tags (1)
Ozon_Aleksei
Visitor

Today my Android 8.0.0 Oreo got a new build 34.4.A.2.50

Accordion status bar left.

alex_ncfc
Contributor

@Ozon_Alekseiwrote:

Today my Android 8.0.0 Oreo got a new build 34.4.A.2.50

Accordion status bar left.

Do you mean since 34.4.A.2.50 that this problem has stopped happening? I haven't had the update yet.

Ozon_Aleksei
Visitor

There is a problem. The arrow in the status bar has not changed. The accordion in the status bar is still there.

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

I repeat: this might not be fixed before 8.1 is released -by Sony- to you your devices.