Join now - be part of our community!

Little red light on the front

SOLVED
Chruwus
Visitor

Little red light on the front

Hi there,
I noticed a little red light just next to the Sony label on the right, above the screen. What is that? It seems to be on whenever I use the phone.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@Chruwus That's because you have enabled adaptive brightness so the sensor is on all the time.

alexdon

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Jake-SonyXperia
Champion

Hi @Chruwus,

Welcome to the community,

When you put the phone on charge, is the light that shows up the same light that is showing? 

Have you attempted to simply power the device down and then power it back up.

Let me know.

Chruwus
Visitor

Hi Jake,

I don't mean the status LED that glows in different colors depending on unread messages or during charging. Just left of the LED is a light that is constantly on when the screen is Active, glowing red. Might be infrared, now I think about it... Maybe a distance sensor? But it is on whether I am calling someone or not...
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert
Chruwus
Visitor

Oh thanks!
Seems to be the case on all xperia x models? Still wondering why a brightness sensor needs to glow though 🤔
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@Chruwus That's because you have enabled adaptive brightness so the sensor is on all the time.

alexdon
profile.country.IT.title
Michelasso
Contributor

Huh? Really? I have had the adaptive brightness on since day one (and in the last few days it even seems it started working as it had to, without going full dark) but I have never seen any red light. Should it be there under sunlight or all the time?

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

It is visible in dark areas and it should "breathe" every now and then, blink slowly.

alexdon
profile.country.IT.title
Michelasso
Contributor

Ahhh!!! I've seen it now! It shows only with the screen on, though. And it's very dimmed. That's why I've never noticed it before. All right then. Thanks.

SOUNI1
Visitor

Hi Again... What is that???