Join now - be part of our community!

Lines on Lock Screen

Sid-Nice
Visitor

Lines on Lock Screen

After the previous software update, I had to alter the white balance settings to remove white lines on my Lock and Home screens. Now after the Oreo update my Lock Screen is like this...WhatsApp Image 2018-05-24 at 11.16.10.jpeg

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

That is not nice indeed.

Before taking steps to send your device for repair you can test some things.

- How is it behaving in safe mode.

- Goto support, find the device symbol with an i in it and test your screen

Another possibility that is worth a try is doning a software repair with Xperia Companion.

If you don't know how to proceed, don't hesitate to ask again.

BTW you don't have a partial enlargement of the lines of Saturn installed as your lock screen background?

Sid-Nice
Visitor

Hi thanks for the reply.

(1) How do I get into safe mode?

(2) I have tested my screen using [i] in support and everything seems fine (all tests were perfect) 

The major problem I have with the screen, is when making phone calls and I need to press numbers on the keypad and it takes around 10 to 20 seconds to clear. i.e. Phoning a taxi etc. with automated functions.

Somehow my PC keyboard is playing up and now the (2) key has switched between the (') key and I have been typing (") opposed to (@) when trying to login, this has cause some confusing as I rarely look at my monitor.

No that isn't a blown up picture of the rings around Saturn. Slightly_smiling_Face

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Click here to find safe mode explanation in the FAQ.

Your screen looks a bit like the Film background in the Style Portrait setting of the camera.

And maybe try another keyboard, like Google keyboard.

Install, goto settings and set it up as default keyboard.

Or maybe goto settings -> apps and clear the cache of Swiftkey or reset Swiftkey (I don't have it on my phone so I don't know how to do it, but I trust you can find that out for yourself)

Lastly, try another theme or another wallpaper by long-pressing on your home screen you will find it.

Nikhilj
Visitor

lines on the screen is not a software issue infact its one with the hardware, as you have said that its a persistent issue whether its your home screen or lock screen regardless of the Android version confirms the same. This occurs when the display is not properly installed or if there is some interference between the display clips and the motherboard.

the solution to this is to get those diplay ribbon clip reinstalled properly.

Sid-Nice
Visitor

Thanks for that, I decided to send my phone for repair and recieved this email....

About your recent mobile repair

Job number: VM1009660

Phone make and model: SONY ERICSSON XPERIA X

IMEI: removed

Hello 

We're contacting you about your recent mobile repair. We're sorry to say we've been unable to fix your phone, and want to talk to you about your options.

As we haven't fixed your phone, we'd like to replace it for you. However, your current model is out of stock. With this in mind, we'll be happy to swap it for a similar model. Alternatively, you can wait for your model to come back in stock.

To chat about a different mobile, please give our team a call on 789 from a Virgin Mobile SIM card, or 0345 6000 789* from any other phone.

Or, if you want to wait for your model, please sit tight for the moment. While we can't know exactly when we'll have your model back in stock, we promise that as soon as it's in our hands we'll get it straight to you.

What to do now

You can either call to agree on an alternate model, which we can send right away, or wait for our next stock delivery.

If you have any questions you can find most answers on our website at virginmedia.com. Or you can call us on 789 from a Virgin Mobile SIM or 0345 6000 789* from any other phone.

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team

Obviously you can't tell from the photo (taken with a Samsung M800) but my Xperia X was in mint condition (externally) and in a protective case from day 1. If your solution "Reinstalling the ribbon clip properly" is correct, then I think the Virgin Media/Mobile team are taking the p***. 

When I called them "3 times now" since I received the email, the agent/agents at the call centre, were unable to comprehend or understand my problem due to their lack of knowledge of English. My Xperia X manufacturers gaurantee is valid until September 2019, I think if I had sent the phone to Sony the device would have been repaired as reinstalling the ribbon clip is a simple opperation, the same process as in replacing a broken screen.

Oddly enough I was offered 2 options for an alternative device, 1) a less expensive model and 2) a more expensive model, which I then had to pay the difference (£235.00) to be exact. I am now thinking! Has the engineer at Virgin Media/Mobile thought I'll have that phone? Or is it a company policy, to rip off their customers? Either way I will contact the repair centre and demand that they return the phone.