Join now - be part of our community!

Is the feature battery care available in Xperia X?

SOLVED
tkmn48
Visitor

19 REPLIES 19
Jonas
Master

Hi @Kushal1, welcome to our forum and congratulations on your new Xperia X! Slightly_smiling_Face

The Battery Care is not supported in the Xperia X and I have requested some information if it will in a coming software update and I will get back to you when I have received the information!

If you could get back to me and @Viridis on where you found information that Xperia X supports Battery Care, I would appreciate it.

Have a great weekend!

tkmn48
Visitor

thank u guys!  i just love my xperia x and don't want it to degrade soon.  thanks again for the insights

*tee-hee

Jonas
Master

@tkmn48, You're welcome and I'm glad to hear that you are pleased with your Xperia X!

I will get back to you as soon as I have received the information that I requested!

Jonas
Master

Hi again @tkmn48! Slightly_smiling_Face

I have received some more information now regarding this and unfortunately the Battery Care feature will not be introduced in upcoming software updates for the previous devices in the Xperia X series:  Xperia X, Xperia X Performance, Xperia XA, Xperia XA Ultra, Xperia XA1 and Xperia XA1 Ultra.

I hope that this information will shed some light on the Battery Care feature and your Xperia X even if the news aren't the best.

tkmn48
Visitor

hi Jonas, thank you so much for the update! i guess it's not meant for xperia x Slightly_frowning_Face is that the android 7.1.2 you mean? do you have an idea of its release date? thanks Slightly_smiling_Face 

Jonas
Master

You're welcome! Slightly_smiling_Face

I'm afraid that I do not have any information regarding coming software updates. When an update is ready for your device you will receive a notification in your phone or you can install the Xperia Companion program on a computer and see if there is any new software update available.

Software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, I cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device.  In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to avail of the updates for specific models.

I hope that helps! Slightly_smiling_Face

LevsMAN
Visitor

Hi there, slightly confused as to why it's not supported as I've been using Battery Care on my X since late 2016 and it's worked perfectly fine for me?

I also used it on the Concept builds, and now the latest software 34.3.A.0.194 supports it within the Battery Settings whereas before you'd have to enable it within the Application Settings.  

Currently using Battery Care build: 1.2.4.A.3.10Xperia X - BatteryXperia X - Battery

Xperia X - InformationXperia X - Information

Amjad3
Visitor

device is charging slowly

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Hi @Amjad3

You're asking a question and you would like to receive an answer.

Here are some tips to get your question answered.

- This is an international forum which uses the English language for communication. Please ask your question in English.

- You can translate your question to English by using https://translate.google.com

- Ask your question clearly and explain your situation on a few lines.

- Asking questions in shorthand will not result in a good answer.

- Do NOT ask questions like:

- no sound

- bad wifi

- no bluetooth connection

There are a lot of visitors here on this forum who are willing to help you.

Help them by asking your question in a way that describes your problem clearly and write in English.

Jonas
Master

Hi @Amjad3, sorry to hear about this. Slightly_frowning_Face

How long would you say it takes for the device to fully charge? If you are using the device when you are charging it, it will take longer than if the device is idle or not powered on.

Have you tried powering off the device and see if is charging any faster? You can also try restarting your device in safe mode and charge it with the original charger and cable, just to make sure that no downloaded application is the cause of this.

Let me know how it goes!