Join now - be part of our community!

Is the feature battery care available in Xperia X?

SOLVED
tkmn48
Visitor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jonas
Master

Hi @tkmn48, welcome to our community!

I'm afraid that the feature Battery Care is not supported in the Xperia X.

The following phone models supports Battery Care.

Xperia XZ/XZ Dual SIM, Xperia X Compact, Xperia XZ Premium/XZ Premium Dual SIM and Xperia XZs/XZs Dual SIM running on Android 7.0.

I hope that answers your question! Slightly_smiling_Face

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Jonas
Master

Hi @tkmn48, welcome to our community!

I'm afraid that the feature Battery Care is not supported in the Xperia X.

The following phone models supports Battery Care.

Xperia XZ/XZ Dual SIM, Xperia X Compact, Xperia XZ Premium/XZ Premium Dual SIM and Xperia XZs/XZs Dual SIM running on Android 7.0.

I hope that answers your question! Slightly_smiling_Face

tkmn48
Visitor

so it is dangerous to leave my xperia x charging overnight?! Anguished_Face thanks for the reply Slightly_smiling_Face 

tkmn48
Visitor

hopefully sony will add this feature to xperia x on their future updates.. thank you Slightly_smiling_Face 

Jonas
Master

You're welcome and I will make sure to forward your feedback internally! Slightly_smiling_Face

Regarding about charging your device overnight, if the battery temperature reaches a preset threshold, the device stops charging.

It's always recommend that you only charge your phone with the cable and charger that was included together with your phone or if you have purchased another Sony charger, for example a quick charger!

Let me know if there is anything else I may assist you with! Slightly_smiling_Face

tkmn48
Visitor

thank you so much Jonas! I would just like to ask if you have any idea whether sony will include battery care feature on xperia x on their updates and is it safe to use powerbank to charge the phone?  thank you Grinning_Face

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

I think some info has been misunderstood,

So,  battery care is an added feature to lengthen overall lifespan of battery,  it's not a safety feature as such.

Normal chargers left overnight will go like this:

0%-100% then until unplugged, they trickle charge like this 100%-99%-100%-99%-100% etc etc.

This constant charging/discharging of the final 1% degrades the lithium quicker than normal use and normal charging.

Battery care works much different.

It learns your pattern of charging and will do the following

0%-90% then pause...

Then at 60-30 minutes before learnt time will go

90%-100% and charge is completed without overcharging the final %

It is safe to charge an X with a powerbank as long as the powerbank is certified safe according to local regulations.

And remember, your X also has Qnovo adaptive charging for added battery stress reduction during charging.

Jonas
Master

Hello again!

As @Viridis wrote, Battery care is a feature that increases the battery lifespan by detecting regular charging cycles.

The feature will start a regular charging cycle that temporarily stops when the battery level has reached 90%. The feature will then resume charging 70 minutes before user data indicates that the battery is expected to be fully charged, and charge until the battery level has reached 100%.

I will see if I can get some more information if this feature will be available in a coming software update and I will get back to you as soon as I have received it.

Kushal1
Visitor

I have bought Xperia X two days ago. Is it support battery care now? Because now on website it says that it supports. 

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

@Kushal1 wrote:

I have bought Xperia X two days ago. Is it support battery care now? Because now on website it says that it supports. 

I can't see a mention of battery care of the X page, you have a link at all?