Join now - be part of our community!

How to upgrade to Oreo?

SOLVED
barMan
Visitor

How to upgrade to Oreo?

Hi,

First of all, Sony support don't want to understend my problem and help.

My phone doesn't got any update/upgrade since 7.1.2 (about one year).

How to upgrade to Oreo or patched version of Kitkat?

It is not unlocked nor branded or something like this.

Sony support ask me to wait but I see that something is wrong with updating my device.

I bought two devices the same time. One is on Oreo now, second stops to update.

ZZ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Hey @barMan

Just try again.

First backup with Xperia Companion.

With your battery charged for more than 80%

Phone switched on

Connect to computer

Start Xperia Companion

Choose Software repair

In the lower left corner you can check mark the option: My device cannot be detected or is a SmartWatch 3

Click next in the lower right corner

On the left choose Xperia Phone or tablet

In the lower right corner click Next

Agree that you have your Google account name & password and click next

(Even better: go back and delete your Google Account from your phone before you do the software repair. Once forgotten your phone will be blocked and you will have to go through a procedure at Google to re-acclaim your account on your phone which will take a few days built-in delay)

Either your phone will be detected or you will have to choose your phone yourself. (this is where I don't want to go further anymore because I don't want to reïnstall the lot)

If you get an error here then you should follow @schetz 's advice and use Flashtool.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@barMan

Updates availability depends on a specific characteristic of your device called "customization version". You can check this version by dialing the code *#*#7378423#*#* the tap on "Software info", if you want me to check if this specific customization version has the update released or not I can help you with that.

barMan
Visitor

Screenshot_20180430-102733.png

Here it is screenshot.

Thanks in advance.

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@barMan

Is that an Xperia X?

What is the model number?

barMan
Visitor

From all aspects I can verify it is Xperia X, model F5121 with Android 7.1.2 from Sony.

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@barMan

It's strange but, this customization version is not listed. This might mean that this unit is a prototype and was not intended for sale. Where did you buy it from?

barMan
Visitor

I bought two devices from iBood.

On this one I installed 7.1.2 from Sony Concept programm. I suppose, that this is reason of my troubles.

I don't found any warning there that it is software death for my phone, alwow there was warning that it can't be uninstalled.

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@barMan

Oh, that explains all.

Let me mention a friend who knows more about concept: @najodleglejszy

profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

@barManSony Concept was a different branch of software. it's not being updated anymore, so you'll need to get back on the regular software track. to do that, you'll have to perform a software repair using Xperia Companion. just make sure you make a backup of important data, as your phone will be wiped in the process. once the process is done, your phone should be running either Oreo, or regular (non-Concept) Nougat, which you'll be able to update to Oreo.

barMan
Visitor

Thanks, I try to do that.