Join now - be part of our community!

Ghost notifications

Bluestreak
Visitor

Ghost notifications

Hi

Ever since I have upgraded to android 8.0, my Xperia x compact produces ghost notifications, so that vibration or sound of notification is produced but I have not actually got any message.

I have looked into the setting and the NFC is also off.

Any one has any clue why this is happening? 

Best regards 

5 REPLIES 5
GingerSteve77
Visitor

Are you sure it's not just a system event notification?

I get them when battery level reaches a certain level, or some other random thing happens that the system feels the need to ping me

Lina
Visitor

Hello @Bluestreak, welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear that, it must be frustrating. I do recommend that you start with checking that all your applications are updated. You do this my going to Play Store > the three lines in the top right corner > My Apps and Games > Update all.

I also suggest that you temporarily put your phone in safe mode, just to make sure that no downloaded app are giving you these ghost notifications. In Safe Mode, all downloaded applications are inactivated, but you can still use all basic functions like calling and messaging, accessing the Internet and using the camera.

Use your phone in safe mode a short while and see if you still get these notifications. If it's quiet and behaves like it should, restart your phone like usual to exit Safe mode and check your downloaded applications.

Let me know how it goes, and have a nice day!

If1
Visitor

I have same problem. 

But it looks like phone looses GSM connection (voice + data). There is short notice with triangle on top. Then phone get reconnected with sound.

That's happening on few places werry often. Signal is not so weak (about 3 lines). 

ananimus
Visitor

I am also having this problem since just receiving the update for Android 8.0 on my X Compact. It's like I'm getting phantom notifications with no actual notification. I can go to safe mode to try to determine that an app is responsible, but this will not tell me which app is the cause (like 150 show up in total on my app list!).

Apps that try to log notifications are not capturing what it is. Only apps that leave notifications behind are listed.

This is driving me insane as my phone is randomly vibrating sometime every few minutes, sometimes every hour or so. I have to use Do Not Disturb to sleep otherwise I listen to my phone having spasms all night.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

You could start like this.

Goto settings

Type configure notifications on top left of the magnification glass, goto configure notifications and choose apps

Then switch off notifications for Google, Gmail, WhatsApp you name it

Don't forget What's New, Facebook and other preinstalled apps

See what happens

Good luck

Oh switch off notification sounds, just leave led notification on, it'll make life less stressfull